Used 2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:

Love my Car But???
By Steve

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love my new Lucerne, however I do find it a little difficult to get in and out of. Wish the trunk open button was is a move conivent place (believe this has been changed for 2008). Wish there was a lock on gas door. Open from inside of car, and find it hard to use ATM from car.

Ride, quiet and smooth on the highway. I was concerned about the "small" HP but pick up is good.

Put a device to unlock gas door inside of car, so no one can get into gas tank. Better lumbar support. Move cruise control to right side of steering wheel, and radio stuff to left side.

Lucerne speaks for itself
By Ray

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have found that My Lucerne CSX is one of my better purchases from my previous GM cars. I have been compimented about my Lucerne. I have had people that have commented on the ride, the quiteness, the sport car type handling. I just say with the price of gas today. It is the only drawback, in as far of not getting good gas mileage. But one has to expect that when you have 275 horses to pull you around. All in all I would recommend the Buick Lucerne to all those that would be considering a Japanese equivelent. Quailty, performance, price, and better warranty than those from the Pacific rim. No contest!

Performance, quality, ride, quiteness, price.

There is only one Item that I believe that Buick should add to the Lucerne. LED taillights. That would blend so nicely

2007 CXL Lucernce
By Don

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have purchased several new Ford Taurus' and one used Lincoln LS since 1988. The 2004 Lincoln LS does not have enough leg room in the back and even though it had bumper to bumper, a wheel bearing, drum, and 3 rims were replaced. Also a recall with a problem in the steering column, I lost all confidence and decided to go with GM. We purchased the last new 2007 CXL Lucerne after test driving the 2008 Sable and Taurus. The Buick felt safer and is built better. With the OnStar and other nice features (including the depreciation difference)we are glad to have a well built, comfortable and dependable car.

OnStar, heated steering wheel, plenty of room, nice fuel economy with the V6 3.8L engine, nice ride, and cheaper than the 08 Taurus and Sable.

None at this time

The Drivers Car... Buick?
By D Waters

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love cars and I am considered a car nut by everyone that knows me. I have owned over thirty cars and have driven countless more in my persuit of the perfict one for me. I never make a purchase without very extensive investigation. If anyone ever told me that my favorite car would be a Buick, I would instantly recommend they seek professional counseling! The 2007 Buick Lucerne CXL is dollar for dollar pound for pound the best inexpensive (23,000) car I have ever owned. There is nothing on the market today that even comes close for the price. I know because I drove everything in the price range of under 30,000 including Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Chevy, Ford and Chrysler. The car is irresistable

Lucerne is living room comfortable, library quiet, scotch thrifty on reglar gas, as elagant and pleasing to the eye as the prom queen. Smooth power and quiet comfort, it is nirvana for the long distance driver. I feel like this car was prescription built for the highway driver! Thanks & kudos to GM!

Eight way power drivers seat, lumbar support should be standard. improve the turning radius, If Volvo can do it, GM can do it! Will some design genius please find a way to loose passenger window pillar, it is so boaring and impares vision. Maybe an interior role bar? Just a thought...58 Roadmaster

Pretty but Uncomfortable
By Laurie

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it because it was pretty and felt comfortable. After a week of driving to and from work (40 miles per day), my lower back began to hurt. After three weeks I was unable to drive the car. Driver and passenger seats have no lumbar support. Back seat is comfortable. Traded cars with my husband. He now has to drive with cushions on back of seat. Dealer was of no help. They recommended having an upholsterer rebuild the seats which we will try. We like the very quiet ride and many of the features. Headliner is of poor design with raw edges front and back. Cup holder design is poor.

Cloth upholstery in shale color, quiet ride, OnStar, radio controls on steering wheel.

Design of front seats (seat back puts spine into a very uncomfortable position), better cup holder locations, improved installation of headliner, change location of button to unlock trunk.