Used 2006 Buick Lucerne Consumer Reviews - 201 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Buick Lucerne

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:

What a Car!
By Bizman

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I really love the looks of the car inside and out. I know that GM has finally started making great cars again that can compete with any make. It is a driving dream and the first trip we received 33 mpg at 60 mph on cruise. Nothing to complain about. I had looked at a Honda Accord and felt I was getting more vehicle for my dollar with the Buick.

Nice smooth driving and road handling characteristics. The seats feel great even after years of back problems. The Harman Kardon sound system is top notch!

A fuel filler door lock would be great.

Not my dad's Buick!
By 4bealls

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this car for more than 18 months and enjoy it now as much as when I first bought it. Love the look and the comfort. Out of all the cars I have owned (of all types), I have gotten more compliments on this one than any other - from people admiring the looks as well as passengers.

Extremely comfortable with great dual-zone AC and stereo; decent gas mileage for the size and power; beautiful car!

Really wanted heated seats but that required moving up to the highest trim line that was just not worth it; split/fold down rear seats would be helpful.

Kinda wish I'd kept my Park Ave Ultra
By Ron S

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is a very nice car but it is definitely not a Park Ave replacement! So far I've not had any problems but I miss the roominess and some features of the 2003 Park Ave Ultra. I miss the Ultra Heads Up Display feature the most but it appears to be not available in any type of sedan style auto. I swore that I would not buy a new vehicle without HUD but I broke down since it appears that no HUD is forthcoming in the next several years models. Center console convenience of this car leaves a bit to be desired. Door and window posts are a bit too thick and impair visibilty. Also needs more infinite steering wheel adjustment so when in driving position view of speedometer is not obstructed.

Love the exterior styling, ride, quietness, handling and power. Gas mileage very good for this 4.6 liter Northstar engine.

Bring back the Heads Up Display, in fact, make it standard equipment. It is a fantastic safety feature since one never has to take eyes off the road. Widen front seats by at least an inch. Bring back power trunk lid drawdown,locking gas door with inside remote release and adjustable head restraints.

Buick Lucerne rating
By vmcdowell2

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Very comfortable and quiet ride. Very good gas mileage, 30 to 32 mpg hwy, 24 to 26 mpg city. Good assembly. A minor rattle in the driver's door. Good paint job.

Comfortable and quiet ride, gas mileage, overall quality, and good sized trunk space.

Stop the rattle and plastic squeaks.

'06 Lucerne
By chas4bass

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Nice vehicle. Looks fantastic - drives OK. Too low for freeway driving. Still feels like your "Grandpa's car"! Sold as extremely quiet but has developed too many rattles for 18 months. Time to sell it.

XM radio.