Used 2006 Buick Lucerne Consumer Reviews - 201 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Buick Lucerne

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:

Low quality interior craftmanship
By Adina

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car handles very well, doesn't get good gas mileage, but it's been reliable. But I wasted too much time in the dealership for minor but annoying fixes. Right now it's at the dealer's, again, for probably the 5th or 6th time. I had gaping wholes in the posts liner, the headliner is not trimmed at the windshield, started rattling and is ragged. I've had a rattling speaker replaced. Dashboard lights are on supposedly not because there's anything wrong with the devices they warn about, but because some absconse electrical parts are defective (unclear answers from the mechanics annoy me as well). And the latest: a bulge in the tire.

Comfortable, with all bells and whistles.

Improve interior design and fixtures attachement to the chasis. Drastically improve quality inspection.

Pleasantly Surprised
By rmward

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned/own a MB C320, 2006 Infiniti M45 and a 2005 Lexus EX330. I bought the Lucerne as an "everyday" car not expecting much. It is fun to drive a great value and has been problem free. The leather seats are comfortable, XM radio is great and the park assist is valuable in this size of car. I urge to check out the Lucerne as you'll probably end up buying one! It's a great value and has a 4 year/50,000 mile warranty. Plus, it's much less expensive to maintain than any of the imports I've owned. Less expensive and the same build quality, how can you go wrong?

XM, ride, style

None

Noise
By back bug

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

It was rated as the quietest sedan in it class in 2006. After a few months the wind noise around the two doors was bad and gets even worse during the cold weather up north. We love the car overall as a great car.

Ride, leather, fit, controls

Wind noise around doors, Rain sense wipers react slow in combo snow/rain

Beautiful car
By hugh

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I'm retired so I can hardly wait to find some place to go so I can drive our Lucerne. We love the ride, handling, power, controls and I guess there isn't anything that we don't like. We live in the mountains of north central PA where we have no city driving and avg 22.5. Went to Baltimore, MD last weekend and driving 70mph for 250mi.I got 26.4mpg

Looks, power, quietness, comfort, controls. I cannot say enough about this car

None

Excellent car
By cxl v8 4dr sedan

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best Buick I have ever owned. It has a quiet smooth ride, handles well in tight spots, the V8 gives a positive edge to the overall performance of the car. So far very satisfied

Quiet smooth ride. V8 engine!

Better gas mileage, better instrument panel lighting