Used 2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan Consumer Reviews - 201 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:

Great Car but...
By Rob1958

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for 10 months. Mostly highway driving. I love the ride of the vehicle and have no complaints about the gas mileage that this V8 gets (22+mph). My complaint is about the oxygen sensor. My check engine light has been a problem since 5,000 miles and it all revolves around the oxygen sensors. I have had the car in for service on 8 times and all but one was for the oxygen sensor. When I took the car in for the PA Annual Vehicle Inspection, Penske Buick had the car for over one week and finally got it to pass inspection after replacing the oxygen sensor and part of my exhaust system. Thank God for the warranty! Buick has a winner here. Just need to correct this problem.

Ride, roominess, gas mileage, regular gas, powerful V8 engine, looks (gets many compliments from people that are surprised that it is a Buick), XM radio, OnStar, quiet interior.

Oxygen sensor, tire wear

Disappointed and disgusted
By Linda Whitley

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had my car for 2 years now. The car only had 7000 miles on it when the first oil leak was discovered. I have had it in the shop 3 times for the oil leaks, 5 times for fuel sensor, 1 time for traction sensor, once for the rack and pinion. It is in the shop now for the same noise it was make when they replaced the rack & pinion but they said it is not the same problem, but can't find what it wrong.

Comfortable, easy driving

Build a more reliable car

Better than my Cadillac
By LCB

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Traded in a 2004 DeVille on my 2006 CXS. Much better car, excellent build quality, superior handling and acceleration (over the Cad.) and decent gas mileage for the engine size. I average 21-22 combined city and highway. Color is maroon metallic and I have received many compliments on the car'sappearance. A Mercedes owner thought it was a new model BMW!

Superb handling, well designed interior and dash layout, simple controls to operate.

Could use a 5 or 6 speed transmission, smaller turning radius, better gas mileage, re-designed A pillars, which block visibility somewhat.

Solid cruiser
By georgegest

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this car for my wife. I almost only drive it on long trips. It drives and handles well, rides smoothly, is quiet. Mileage isn't bad but I usually hit between 80 and 85 pretty consistently on the long trip across Texas...dull as watching paint dry. Seats are a bit snug but I have back problems and don't experience the problem of comfort some suggest. The Northstar is a good engine but this car needs another gear and it would really fly. In 18000 or so miles we have only added gas and oil changes.

Quiet, stereo is very good, ride, seats are comfortable, styling is good, we have appreciated the fit and finish and it is all made right here in the US.

Higher rear end gearing or add at least one more gear to the transmission to make the ratio a lot taller at highway speeds...this engine has plenty of power and doesn't need the gearing as low as it is.

Life Saving but Fishtailing
By Elizabeth Clark

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Safety features saved my life; in avoiding a sideswipe, my car fishtailed. It wasn't easy to correct; very slow steering feedback. My last correction may have worked, had the steering been more responsive. All safety features & OnStar worked in my wreck & helped me whenever driving. I hit a light pole & metal fence at 60 mph. I'm bruised, sore, fractured collar bone; but I walked away. Compared with other cars I owned, the Lucerne wasn't as agile in handling in tight situations. Quick steering feedback is a must, or you will over correct. The '06's slight pull right ~ at least sent me into a metal fence and pole, not an embankment of trees. I had stability control and did not flip.

This is a quiet, comfortable car--both for rider and passenger. I loved this car and cannot replace it. Tons of safety features that work flawlessly in a wreck. The side airbags & screen protector saved me from side injury. The seatbelt & front air bag kept me from going into the windshield

Better distribution of front & rear weight could help with fishtailing. Improve stability control even more; I had it, but even more would help. Please get a handle on the steering responsiveness. The '06 had better fuel economy, town & highway, than the '08-- Please improve here, tool