Used 2006 Buick Lucerne Consumer Reviews - 202 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Buick Lucerne

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:

This car has beautiful body style.
By Doody

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Plastic around drivers seat just cracked off. Wheels look like aluminum film is peeling off on them, this amazes me I thought buicks to be better made. Brakes noise, power stearing empty on fluid tho not leaking, have to keep a check on it. Overall pretty good car. This car don't seem to be as well made as older models like everything else you buy these days.

Solid, well built
By M Nolan

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Does what it is expected to do. Only drawback for me was lack of quickness from stop. But it is a big car and was not advertise as quick. Just my desire.

Steering
By D Berwald

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

If you wish to make a U turn, make sure you have enough room as turning radius does not allow for real sharp turns. It is still a stylish vehicle. It does well on long trips as far as comfort and economy. I have consistently experienced 24 miles per gallon on a long trip.

Great Auyo
By Clifford Den Otter

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

WE Bought auto new and only costs to us have been rear brakes, tires, and battery besides normal maintenance. All these are expected. We would highly recommend the Buick Lucerne to anyone. My experience with autos started with a 1938 Packard sedan with twin side mounted tires. The 2 problems are a poor turning radius and being a large car, some parking spots hard to get in and out of. I recently traded it in on a Toyota Prius. My 2 sons have Prius's and I feel now that the Prius is the best value and car on the road I also have a 1956 Tbird.

Never buy a Buick
By pshank

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a used vehicle because of its spacious, comfortable, and excellent interiors. I burnt my finger in couple of months when the plastic around the seat started falling off, engine seal broke off and started heating my engine, transmission started slipping, and boy, brakes are very poor. It starts juddering when driving down the slopes and it wouldn't stop. I spent at least $3000 more than the price I paid for this car, and I drove it from $100K to $132K. I decided to sell the vehicle. Now the fun story began. The dealer who sold me wouldn't take the car back. He said he would pay me $2K. Wow!!! This car loses value like a piece of crap. I never ever will recommend this car/ make.