Used 2006 Buick Lucerne Consumer Reviews - 201 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Buick Lucerne

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:

Solid, well built
By M Nolan

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Does what it is expected to do. Only drawback for me was lack of quickness from stop. But it is a big car and was not advertise as quick. Just my desire.

Steering
By D Berwald

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

If you wish to make a U turn, make sure you have enough room as turning radius does not allow for real sharp turns. It is still a stylish vehicle. It does well on long trips as far as comfort and economy. I have consistently experienced 24 miles per gallon on a long trip.

Great Auyo
By Clifford Den Otter

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

WE Bought auto new and only costs to us have been rear brakes, tires, and battery besides normal maintenance. All these are expected. We would highly recommend the Buick Lucerne to anyone. My experience with autos started with a 1938 Packard sedan with twin side mounted tires. The 2 problems are a poor turning radius and being a large car, some parking spots hard to get in and out of. I recently traded it in on a Toyota Prius. My 2 sons have Prius's and I feel now that the Prius is the best value and car on the road I also have a 1956 Tbird.

Never buy a Buick
By pshank

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a used vehicle because of its spacious, comfortable, and excellent interiors. I burnt my finger in couple of months when the plastic around the seat started falling off, engine seal broke off and started heating my engine, transmission started slipping, and boy, brakes are very poor. It starts juddering when driving down the slopes and it wouldn't stop. I spent at least $3000 more than the price I paid for this car, and I drove it from $100K to $132K. I decided to sell the vehicle. Now the fun story began. The dealer who sold me wouldn't take the car back. He said he would pay me $2K. Wow!!! This car loses value like a piece of crap. I never ever will recommend this car/ make.

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL
By feistyscot

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used with 47,000 miles on it and have driven it 27,000 miles in one year. It has a very quiet ride and decent acceleration for a V6 powered boat of a car. Gas mileage on the highway ranges between 25-26 mpg in the winter to 27-30 in the summer. In town? 18-19. Not that great.
The stock radio went to the recycle yard right away. I had to turn it up pretty much to the extent of it's volume to hear. Chucked it for a Pioneer aftermarket and that solved the sound issues. The drivers seat isn't the most comfortable and the lack of a telescoping steering wheel doesn't help. Trunk space and lack of a true fold down rear seat are also drawbacks.

Rear leg room for passengers, auto systems (wipers, lights, air conditioning )Exterior styling, interior colors (tan,taupe ) 3.8 engine auto leveling suspension.

Since they don't make this car anymore I'll use this for a few more gripes. It uses oil at about a quart every 3,000 miles and has one huge blind spot on each side caused by the front pillars. It has a small turning radius which means plenty of planning ahead when parking. Why does GM stick with plastic wood? It looks tacky, more so on this car than most. By the way, if you look at the interior of a Cadillac DTS, it is virtually identical to this Buick. Aside from all of this, I like the car. It has decent styling, pretty good gas mileage on the highway, and a comfortable ride. Oh, and you can get one pretty cheap!