Used 2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Consumer Reviews - 47 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

Best sedan we have ever owned
By Verne R

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car appears to be well made with excellent fit and finish. The ride is smooth and quiet. It handles well and is enjoyable to drive. The 3.8L V6 is a nice balance between power and fuel economy. So far we have attained 33.4mpg at highway speeds which is amazing for a car this size. The interior is well appointed and feels plush. The car provides a nice array of creature features. The exterior has clean lines and looks sharp. Trunk space is generous and has pass through the seat capability. This is our first Buick and we have been impressed by the quality, spaceousness, and fuel economy that this car offers. It has met and exceeded our expectations.

Automated driver preference settings which are linked to the different key sets. My wife and I have very different seat and mirror settings and this feature is a wonderful convenience. Ride, handling, and fuel economy.

A body design that sweeps outward from the wheel wells that help protect the sides of the car from road debris.

Big car, great mileage
By Rich Bolamperti

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My other car is a Hyundai Elantra I get about 22 mpg. The LeSabre is getting 20 mpg city. I drive the Hyundai harder but to get 20 mpg city in a car this large and comfortable is amazing. I love the split bench seat, me my wife and child can all sit in the front like in the old days. I have a plan. Buy a 2 or 3 year old Buick keep it until it is 10 years old, trade it in get another 2 or 3 year old Buick. Have a very small economy car to drive in town and for the longer commute. Drive it into the ground.

Great mpg for a car this size. Love the split bench seat and smooth ride. It is not too floaty like 1970's cars.

Bring it back. I see these cars all over. The most popular Buick by far. Put an inch or 2 of mush on the seats. I drove the new Buicks and those seats were too firm also.

Why?
By Billy John of MN

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

GM. Why did you drop this model along with the Park? I have owned 2 Parks and 4 LeSabres. They are far superior to Lucernes which I drove and felt like I was sitting in a boat. Have you ever tried to look to your left rear from a Lucerne drivers seat? My neighbor traded his Lesabre on a LaCross and regrets the day he went in to the Buick dealership. Except for the plastic intake manifold part which has failed on nearly all of my 3.8 cu motors, the motor is superb! Why did you let the problem go on year after year unfixed? However no foreign or domestic comes close to the size and the mileage (27-29 highway) of this comfort machine. That's OK. Humble yourself and bring them back. Forget California

Gas mileage, comfort, vision, fairly peppy

Plastic manifold part should not have been made

Great American ride
By pjm1000

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased a Buick Lasbre Limited with the 3.8 engine. I see everyone get the small cars for fuel economy, but when I saw the fuel economy in this Buick (hit 32mpg on the highway yesterday) there is no way I would cram myself into a little import to get 26-30 mpg when you can get the same or better in a full size auto that rides like a dream with all the gadgets for comfort. Truly an excellent car. I am 37, not the stigma of an old guy's car, who cares!

Rides great and runs like a top.

No longer making them, but for the new Buicks they need to incorporate some of the luxury and ride back into them. I rode the LaCrosse and did not like the ride as much, but the look was very nice.

Platinum silver LeSabre
By ANGELCHILD

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have enjoyed my LeSabre since I purchased it in August 2007. The LeSabre rides very smooth and has the luxury of a Cadillac at a better value! I would recommend this car to anyone looking for luxury at a great price!

Heated seats, rain sensing sensor, smooth ride