Used 2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan Consumer Reviews - 55 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

Back to Foreign
By Leo

2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Thinking Buick was one of the best GM vehicles and wanting to buy American (actually it was Canadian) I purchased this as my first new car ever. Two months after the time warranty expired (3 years but the car had only 29000 miles) I needed a new transmission switch. While fixing the transmission, the mechanic found an air conditioning problem (over $1000) then while repairing the air conditioning found an intake manifold seal problem (over $1000). The catch for partial "goodwill" warranty coverage was allowing them to perform the expensive 30000 mile service. It still cost me over $1000 and the transmission still shifed rough. Fortunately I sold it before something else went wrong.

Comfortable for long straight trips with good highway mileage. Having a friend with a LeSabre almost as bad as mine was nice for consoling purposes.

Improve quality control in the manufacturing of the car. Build a better product (dashboard squeaked plus all the mechanical stuff). While complaining to a GM rep I told him I felt sorry for all the complaints I'm sure he receives (and the dealership too). Improve handling - it's terrible on curves.

Unhappy
By Unhappy

2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased by 2003 Buick new. At 52,000 miles the stability system is totally gone. My outside driver's mirror is fogging up on the inside (I have the type that automatticaly goes from day to night plus it's heated). My heated seat doesn't work. Half the lights in my dash are out. On the way home from our cottage, my radio and air conditioner just cut out by themselves. (I was able to turn them back on.) My dashboard lights dim. My two-tone leather seat split at a seam (very rarely to I have anyone in back). I'm so upset with the car I'm trading it in for a Toyota. When American cars start being built to last, I'll consider one again. This was our seventh GM product.

Really a good car
By Jimmy

2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used 2 years ago with 37,000 miles already on it. I was a little concerned about the mileage, but it has been a really good car. I need a late model full size sedan for business and I set out to buy a Cadillac, but saw and drove the Buick and saved several thousand dollars that work as well for me as owning a Cadillac. I've not had any problems at all with this car.

Comfort and perceived value.

It's just fine the way it is.

Poorest Buick I have owned since 1985
By Rog665

2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have been purchasing Buick LeSabres since 1985. The 1999 I had had a problem with the intake manifold. When I purchased this 2003 I ask the salesman if GM had fixed the problem with the intake manifolds warping and leaking. He said they did. He lied. I just had to replace the intake manifold on this 2003. You would think that since this problem has been around for so long GM would have fixed it in production. I don't think I will every buy another GM product..

Best American Car on the Road Today
By Tom

2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Outstanding vehicle. I have never had a problem with it. Never even taken to the dealer for any warranty issue. I've had many new cars in my 50 years but this is absolutely the best in every category.

Drive comfort is smooth. Great mechanical refinements make this car a pleasure to drive. Gas mileage using combined city and highway averages 26.5 MPG.

None