Used 2003 Buick LeSabre Consumer Reviews - 55 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Buick LeSabre

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

Unhappy
By Unhappy

2003 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased by 2003 Buick new. At 52,000 miles the stability system is totally gone. My outside driver's mirror is fogging up on the inside (I have the type that automatticaly goes from day to night plus it's heated). My heated seat doesn't work. Half the lights in my dash are out. On the way home from our cottage, my radio and air conditioner just cut out by themselves. (I was able to turn them back on.) My dashboard lights dim. My two-tone leather seat split at a seam (very rarely to I have anyone in back). I'm so upset with the car I'm trading it in for a Toyota. When American cars start being built to last, I'll consider one again. This was our seventh GM product.

Really a good car
By Jimmy

2003 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used 2 years ago with 37,000 miles already on it. I was a little concerned about the mileage, but it has been a really good car. I need a late model full size sedan for business and I set out to buy a Cadillac, but saw and drove the Buick and saved several thousand dollars that work as well for me as owning a Cadillac. I've not had any problems at all with this car.

Comfort and perceived value.

It's just fine the way it is.

Poorest Buick I have owned since 1985
By Rog665

2003 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have been purchasing Buick LeSabres since 1985. The 1999 I had had a problem with the intake manifold. When I purchased this 2003 I ask the salesman if GM had fixed the problem with the intake manifolds warping and leaking. He said they did. He lied. I just had to replace the intake manifold on this 2003. You would think that since this problem has been around for so long GM would have fixed it in production. I don't think I will every buy another GM product..

Best American Car on the Road Today
By Tom

2003 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Outstanding vehicle. I have never had a problem with it. Never even taken to the dealer for any warranty issue. I've had many new cars in my 50 years but this is absolutely the best in every category.

Drive comfort is smooth. Great mechanical refinements make this car a pleasure to drive. Gas mileage using combined city and highway averages 26.5 MPG.

None

Pros and Cons
By c. lindy

2003 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The '03 LeSabre has everything going for it but good city gas mileage. Expressway mileage is very good considering the size of the car and its get up and go. I get approximately 30-32 mpg. Problem is, most of my driving is in the city/suburbs and with the July, 2006 price of gasoline I am unhappy with the approximate mileage of 16 mpg.

This car is so smooth, almost like driving your mattress. I like the many seat positions and everything is where you would expect it to be. Hey, that's not true of all autos. I couldn't find the battery on my former Cadillac Catera for two days! It was hidden up under the inside of the grille.

I spent $46 yesterday to fill the tank. Of course, my suggestion is to improve the city gas mileage. The heater takes too long to heat up in winter and I have to revert to using the vent to heat quicker. The dealership says there's nothing wrong with the heater... hmmm.