Used 2002 Buick LeSabre Sedan Consumer Reviews - 57 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Buick LeSabre Sedan

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

Don't buy a 2002 Buick!
By Disappointed

2002 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This Buick has nice styling, performance, and a great ride. However, the 3.8 engine has a reoccuring issue with Intake Manifold gasket leaks that GM refuses to take responsibility for. Check out NHTSA vehicle bulletins for this model. I experienced the same problem in my Chevy Lumina with 3.1 V6. You will be replacing your gasket approx. every 25- 30k miles at a cost of $700-900 a pop. I went thru this 2x with my Lumina and now my Buick has it's first failure at 60k miles. Time to trade it in.

Great ride. A lot of car for the money (until it breaks).

Visibility to the rear is terrible when backing up. Rear of car slopes upward which limits visibility to the rear of the vehicle.

Love this car
By Barron n Carol

2002 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The USA built cars seem to always get bad reveiws. Well, I'm here to tell you that this Buick far exceeds anything Toyota, Nissan, Honda or Mitsubishi has. I've owned 'em all. The Buick gets good gas mileage, it's very quiet inside, and handles very well. I love it! The engine is powerful and quiet also. Front seat accomodates a rather large driver very comfortably. I'm 6'2", 225lbs. and I fit in the car with ease. What more can I say? This is simply one of the best all around cars that I've ever owned. Rent one for a few days and drive it or test drive one. Once you drive it you'll buy it. No more Toyotas for me. Two thumbs up for the good ole USA & God Bless America!

Comfortable seats, big trunk, good sound system, air bags everywhere, quiet cab,no rattles,great gas mileage, powerful engine, good suspension, good looks.

None. Buick has a good thing going. As they say "if it isn't broken don't fix it"

Eventually all power windows failed
By exbuickfan

2002 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The Buick LeSabre has finally been discontinued and hopefully the engineers who designed the power windows have been fired. This overall excellent automobile is handicapped by power window regulators that are poorly designed, badly manufactured and exhibit little or no quality control.

Good performance with near perfect combination of engine and transmition. Excellent aerodynamics and sound insulation make this the perfect automobile for long distance travel or commuting in heavy traffic.

Cheap plastic parts (that one would expect to find in a Yugo) have no place in a car of this class. Buick need to recall/fix the problem if they want to retain loyal Buick customers.

Best car we have ever had
By Drrodd

2002 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This Buick is the best car my wife and I have ever owned. We bought it new and have had zero problems. It is very comfortable, quiet and safe on the road. Neither of us can find anything we do not like about this sedan. I am serious when I say we would not trade it on a Buick Lucerne even up -- and I have looked at the Lucerne and test driven the car. We also own a Cadillac SRX-4 and we would rather drive the Buick.

Pulse windshield wipers, heated seats, powerful engine. Comfort, feeling of safety. Good looks inside and out

None

I love the Buick LeSabre
By Richard Nielsewn

2002 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I basically love the car and may get another one but the Lucerne does not have the telescopic steering wheel. I thought I was going to get better mileage, I get 21.5 miles to the gallon. I want better with gas prices being so high.

I love the automatic windshield wipers, the memory drivers seat and the on window display of speed and directionals.

Telescopic steering wheel, better cup holders and netting holders in trunk do not stay anchored.