Used 2002 Buick LeSabre Consumer Reviews - 58 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Buick LeSabre

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

Window Regulator Defect
By No more GM for me!!!

2002 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2002 LeSabre Customer in April 2008 as a used car. My front right window regular went out in June 2009 and then almost three weeks later the back left side passenger window regulator went out. My car mechanic states that this is a known problem with this model year and that my other two windows will soon follow this trend. I contacted GM/Buick and GM/Buick seems to think that this part is fine the way it was manufactured and stated that they have had no customer complaints thus far. No wonder this car company has had the problems they do. Produce an inferior product and sell it.

While this is a great looking car, the window mechanism spoiled it all.

GM/Buick should replace these mechanisms at their expense. Plastic and metal do not go together!

power window regulators failed Lesabre C
By Richaw

2002 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Overall I like the car. Serious problems all 4 power window regulators have failed within a period of 12,000 miles. I replaced the right front myself, to the tune of $375.00 for the part only. Then the right rear failed, it is being held in the up position with a piece of wood jammed under the regulator arm. All 4 have failed for the same reason. They are running a metal cable over a plastic pulley wheel and using a plastic spool on the motor. When the plastic pulley wheel breaks the cable misalignes on the spool and the window wont go up. Any Idiot that designed this should be fired. The regulator that I replaced was the same design as the original. GM has lost my business for good.

good engine performance

window regulator design should be corrected. Cruise control on off button failed, wont stay on. My fix push in button jam a tooth pick in next to button to hold it in break of pick. On all the time, but it works. More than I can say for GM Engineering.

Window Replacements
By Upset

2002 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

In the 6 years we have owned the car we have replaced all 4 window motors. This is not a cheap thing to replace. No one has been able to give us an explanation as to why this occurs. The car is garaged and no children to slam doors. The fuel economy is excellent but the money we save go into replacing window motors.

Fuel Economy, all the bells & whistles and the great ride.

Better window assemblies and motors.

Intake Manifold Problems in 3.8L also.
By GMGotmeagain

2002 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The 2002 Buick LeSabre is plagued by faulty intake manifold gaskets just like all GM 3.1 & 3.4 litre engines. Expect to pay around $800 to get this fixed at least once every 12-15k miles. Other than this problem the brakes will need serviced annually if you drive primarily in the city. This is due to heaviness of vehicle and constant stop and go driving under these conditions. Great fuel economy on highway. I've gotten as high as 32mpg on vacation trips in this car at 70mph. Amazing. In the city forget. Avg is 18mpg.

Great ride and comfort. Styling nice and plenty of room.

Avoid if at all possible.

Chappell's Buick
By Chappell

2002 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a most reliable car. Have replaced the tires and battery. The interior and exterior are in excellent condition. The car has been garaged since the purchase, and maintenance has been attended to regularly.

I love the heated seats, and adjustments and leather interior.

None