Used 1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

Good Solid Car
By michael

1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

This car is my 10th car and it's a good solid car. In the past I've had Camaro's and Mustang's, however those don't compare because they're sports cars, but this car is a good fit for the daily driver. It runs great, and it feels like you're floating with the dynaride system. The only problem I've had with the car was installing a new tranny. I bought the car with 54,000 miles on it from an elderly woman who never peaked past 45mph and the first few expressway times I blew the tranny at 80mph. I installed with labor $1000. I'm not a big fan of the exterior looks, a little outdated especially being young and good looking like myself so I may buy a convertible for the summer

CD player with the volume on the steering wheel. Dynaride system, roomy, performs well and good gas mileage, chrome accents are nice

Improve exterior lines. I have a tan/gold color, I've probably seen about 1000 of them in the past 5 days and they all look the same. I may start a LeSabre club to gain awareness. I might throw some chome wheels on it

Smooth driving, quality car.
By Houston, Tx

1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

Work, drive, and family vacation for several years. Did regular service maintenance and car responded with no disappointments and no bad surprises. Very satisfying car with excellent reliability, durability, workmanship and gas mileage.

Ride comfort, roominess, control features, huge trunk, gas mileage, exterior paint. I like the smooth, roomy, reliable Buick rides. Feeling of heft and safety without giving up gas mileage.

Mmmmm can't think of any. My wife thought it looked like an old folks car but I thought it looked fine myself.

One owner 1997 Buick LeSabre
By Christian Valin

1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

The 3.8liter engine has been GM's best kept secret. Who would have known that such a large car would give such great car mileage on the highway? City mileage is average for a car this size. This Buick has been among the most reliable GM vehicles I've ever owned. It's too bad that this old fashioned technology is going by the wayside as Buick tries to attract a younger crowd. I'm in my forties but I guess my taste is more conservative and don't look for fast cornering cars but very comfortable and always it always feels like a safe car.

Reliabililty, highway gas mileage, comfort, low insurance cost, conservative.

Interior components should be more durable (decals flaking, center armrest replaced multiple times and under recall).

Things to Know
By BeSteve

1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

I have owned the LeSabre, for 4 years.

I was disappointed that the Trans needed
a $1500 repair.

The engine had a tube that was in the
cylinder head, that went out causing the
piston's to fill up with water another$1400.

The load leveling struts on the rear
have been replaced and after 1 year,
failed again.

Gas gauge does not work after 105,00 miles.

When using the AC, the vacuum will take
several minutes before it will open the
upper vents. Air blows to feet area.

Great ride. Great on gas.

I hope this will help others in making a smart choice when buying this vehicle.

Comfort On Wheels
By Abatt

I just purchased a '97 Buick Custom
LeSabre with only 35,000 miles. I'm a
big guy (6'5") and was tired of being
crammed into my Toyota Camry (a nice
car, but not built for large people).
I've owned the car for a week now and
hope to have it another 5 years at
least. It's comfortable, roomy, gives
a great ride, and mechanically appears
to be solid.

Classic body style; roomy interior, comfortable ride with plenty of power.

The radio is a little weak ... and there's no CD player. Once I install a CD player, I'll have created "heaven on wheels"!