Used 2015 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

Surpisingly fun to drive, but crummy quality
By Bill Keeler

2015 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Leather Group 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Our LaCrosse is very comfortable, and passengers often comment on how nice it is inside. But the crummy electronics drive me crazy. It's fun to drive, and surprisingly peppy given the size of the vehicle. It corners very well indeed, and is extremely sure-footed. The mechanical engineering is sound. The electronics are kludgy. We just replaced the battery again, having had the GM battery replaced just 18 months ago with an identical one under warranty. We bought one from AutoZone to replace it. Never have we owned a car that had such frequent battery problems (this is the third one in less than two years of ownership). The voltage gauge bounces around as though there's a problem with the charging system. The dealer swears there isn't. It spends most of its time well below 14V. Sometimes it's at about 11.5V. Predictably when I stop the car and leave it idling (especially at night), the gauge will sink gradually to an indicated voltage of about 12V. The bluetooth is poorly implemented. We use the main display for a digital speed readout in the center of the analog dial. Sometimes, it displays information about the bluetooth device that is currently paired, or information about the car that is utterly frivolous. So we have to navigate back to the speed display for no discernible reason. Likewise, the main LCD panel (which is a resistive touchscreen that is somewhere between decent and insensitive to touch) sometimes displays a warning about distracted driving that has to be manually cleared by touching the OK button on the screen. That's dangerously distracting! The chrome on the driver and front passenger door handles is flaking off, leaving sharp edges that we need to mind. Never had that happen in any previous car. I won't ever buy another Buick. We're spoiled by Hyundai. While the LaCrosse is very comfortable and drives great, there's an obvious reason that it has about half the warranty of a Hyundai.

Buy a Buick if you like road noise
By L. J. Armstrong

2015 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Leather Group 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Just traded a Lincoln Town car for a 2015 Buick LaCrosse. There is no comparison between the Buick and Town car as to road noise. The Lincoln is so much more quiet than the Buick. I think they engineered the road noise into the Buick to keep you awake on long trips. Sorry I traded my Lincoln. Other than the road noise, the interior and accessories are very nick.

Luxury Lacrosse
By Pappy

2015 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Premium I Group 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The car is a very quiet, comfortable and stylish ride whether in "drive" or, "sport" mode. Electronics and options are numerous. Navigation system is simple and effective and when coupled with OnStar makes a great package. The panoramic power moon roof, rear camera, rear parking assist, blind side and lane change alerts and 18" chrome clad wheels all make driving much more fun and safe. Trunk space is generous and, with fold down back seats, the cargo storage area becomes very large. Maintenance is at a minimum with only regularly scheduled service. Overall, a great car from Buick.

Retired Captain's car
By Paul

2015 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Leather Group 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Car is attractive, comfortable and I would buy another in a heart beat.

Do not buy a Buick without...
By Larry

2015 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Premium II Group 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

When you test drive this car pay special attention to the front head rest. I don't think this is limited to the Lacrosse. We didn't notice it on test drive, and I bought the car for my wife because we wanted the Delphi safety features on the high end trim package. The headrest is too far forward a problem that owners have complained about for years on forums. Dealers will do nothing to help. Buick doesn't care. This is one of the cars traded in most within one year, and I don't this is the reason. My wife, who is short, refuses to drive it. Other than this and the fact that the side windows are too small, I like the car very much, but unless I can find a workaround for this, the car must go. I did find a work around. Without Buick's help, I removed the headrest , put it in a vice and bent it to a better fit. The technology is too complicated, especially when I had to show the dealer how to reset the oil change counter. The touch screen displays can be a distraction while driving. It's a very comfortable and quiet ride.