Used 2009 Buick LaCrosse Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Buick LaCrosse

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

First Buick
By Hank

2009 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is the first Buick I have ever bought, I traded in an Audi A4 for the Lacrosse CXL. I really enjoy the bench seat in the front and gearshift on the column - it reminds me of the Olds Ninety-Eight my Dad took the family in on road trips. The comfort is great and I have no problem with passing. The chassis could be a little stiffer around corners, but I have learned to love this comfortable, quiet American car. I am planning a long road trip this autumn along the east coast with my two dogs - they love the big back seat.

stable comfortable ride, XM radio,sunroof, big grill and the grealever on the column, plenty of passing power

larger standard wheels, cooling seats, stiffer chassis

GM Loyal Buyer, First Time Buick Owner
By Jim

2009 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Wow, this is the first Buick I've ever owned. Past purchases have focused on Pontiac and Chevy. What a real difference in all aspects of quality. Great Car, love the way it handles, milage fantastic in the 3.8L engine. Highway averaging on a recent trip was 31.7 miles. Felt like I was in hog heaven thumbing my nose at gas stations. Car was very wisely priced and worth the money. Used, but showroom quality inside and out. Recommend this car to anyone. Dealership fantastic to deal with.

Absolutely nothing I don't like about features. All are super

No suggested improvements

2009 Buick LaCrosse
By Scott

2009 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My first Buick was back in the 50's not sure how many I have had since then. My purchase of the 09 LaCrosse was to replace my 01 Buick Park Ave, Ultra. At the time of purchase I tried both the Lucerne and the LaCrosse. I should have purchased the LuCernne. why? 1. Leather, very hard 2. Gas and heat gauge should be reversed 3.Heater and AC Controls( buttons) very poorly designed. 4. Headlight beam selector on the turn signal is a joke, more like an off and on switch. Also, turn signal indicator is much to loud. 5. Center Council is another poor design, unable to rest right elbow on it because it does not extend far enough forward. 6. Door pockets to shallow.

Gas milage good on trips.

Redesign instrument gauges. Redesign Center Counsel. Change Headlight selector switch Redesign Heater/AC Buttons/Controls Bring back the Buick Logo with the flags

fabric on seats
By carolyn edwards

2009 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

my 2001 buick centry was a dream inside and out, the 2009 is a great looking car but I hate the fabric on the seats. It collects every piece of lint and dirt.The dealership advised me to spray it with an antistatic spray, which I did that doesn't really work. Wishing I had my old interior again.

buick lacrosse not what it once was.
By Teresa Mund

2009 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

front drivers seat makes aloud metal to metal noise when cars goes over bump or seat moves.i was told by hennessy that they had two other 2009 lacrosse with same problem, they replaced seat and new one did same thing.so i would have to live with it.my 2009 lacrosse makes a lot of moise. be carefull about,what buick calls the 6 passenger which cost a extra $250.you couldnot sat asmall dog there.

has a very smooth ride, easy to handle

fix the noise from seat. stop charging for 6th seat that cannot be used.