Used 2008 Buick LaCrosse Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Buick LaCrosse

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

2nd One Owned
By Happy Buick

2008 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought CXL last Jan. so after a year and about 6,000 miles, it is still a good car. Bought a new CXS in 2005 and liked it so much, bought another one this past year. On the strength side, I like the exterior and interior (dash) looks and its nice ride for these old bones. On the negative side, the gas mileage is putrid at about 17 in town and 25 on the highway. Liked the Lucerne but felt it was too big.

Rides and looks great!

Improve the gas mileage like the old Buicks! My old 2000 Park Ave. used to get regularly around 29 mpg and its predecessor the 98 LaSabre got 30 mpg on the highway.

dissappointed yet happy
By stimpy

2008 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I wanted to get the CXL because of some features it had, but did not want leather seats. So we had to get the CX in order to get cloth seats. Our 97 Century Limited had cloth seats (Buick let me down on this one). Mileage is dissappointing, 28 highway / 19 city. Our old Century got 30+ highway. But this LaCrosse is a very enjoyable and fun car to drive. It is comfortable, pleasant to look at, and despite my dissappointment with the leather seat issue, a really nice car. Guess we'll keep it til Buick comes up with one that will get 35 - 40 mpg! With the sleeker styling, I do keep brushing my head against the top of the door each time I get in.

Drive and Ride. Steering Wheel controls of radio and speed.

Provide option for Cloth seats in the CXL models!!!

Using Oil
By Senior Driver

2008 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Love the car, except it uses oil. First 3000 miles, used two extra quarts, dealer says drive it and it will get better. Second 3500 miles, used one and a half extra quarts of oil. I quess this is better, but I don't think good. Dealer says keep watching it and one quart in 3000 miles is acceptable. Maybe to him but not to me. I ask that it be recorded on my record. Hope they did it. If it doesn't improve, I going to try going to Buick.

Like the looks, inside and out. Nice car to drive.

Only unhappy with the usage.

Great Car on Base Price
By Tammy

2008 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this 08 LaCrosse in April, 2008, have 20,000 on it already and love it! Got the base model, but it's a Buick! So it has all the creature comforts--power windows, door locks, and driver seat; cruise, tilt--and great gas mileage. Good git-up-and-go and plenty of room inside. Nice sized steering wheel for a womans hands. Only knock is the trunk is a little narrow to get a large suitcase into and out of easily, but I love the trunk release design! Overall, a great vehicle for the money.

The trunk release with the interior lock button. Like the redesigned waterfall front with chrome wheels-- sharp looking vehicle.

Slightly wider trunk opening to accomodate a 27" suitcase or large cooler.

First time Buick owner
By cherie

2008 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

I have has a Pontiac for the past 12 years. I absolutely love my LaCrosse. Just a few enhancements that would make it even better! I think the passenger seat should be electric, just as the drivers seat is. Climate control vents in the rear would alson be a great feature as well. I know I make my right buying decision with the Buick. Thanks GM