Used 2006 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Consumer Reviews - 73 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Buick LaCrosse Sedan

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

Regret
By ??

2006 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in a 2000 Buick Century, which I had bought in Jan, 2000 fresh off the truck, for the 2006 Buick LaCrosse in Dec, 2006. The LaCrosse had 14,000 miles on it, but besides my trade-in, the LaCrosse cost an add'l $18,000. I realized I'd made a mistake almost instantly, but was assured that I would get used to the LaCrosse and like it. I still don't like it and regret that I bought it. I won't get another Buick. GM has sacrificed too much in order to have higher profits and the consumer gets stuck with the flimsy trash. The LaCrosse is smaller than the Century and uses more gas, too.

Excellent buy compared to Imports
By Vijay

2006 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

A very nice car. Have been driving it for the past year. No problems whatsoever. Very, very quiet. Looks great. Fuel economy of 29-30 mpg on highway and 25 mpg average. Only crib is that the CD player does not play MP3s and there is no port to hook up iPod. Otherwise a great car.

Looks, comfort, decent fuel economy, handling

Will be nice to make the stereo MP3 compatibile and chrome accents standard

Average Little Car
By anniston

2006 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My job takes me all around the South, so I spend much of my time in the car. I alternate between my Lacrosse company car and my personal Tahoe. All in all, this is a pretty good little car. I always had either a Lesabre or Park Avenue company car before the Lacrosse, and no it does not ride as good and it is not as comfortable, but it really is a bang for the buck. It also gets great gas mileage, usually around 31 MPG on the interstate going 70-75 MPH.

Parking assist, advanced trip computer, well designed interior.

Softer seats, smoother ride. The steering and braking is a little tight for my liking.

Young to Buick
By LS Feldman

2006 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

After owning Hondas and Toyotas, all are good cars but I must say Buick gives you more for the money. Ride is quiet, MPG is 30 on the HWY and the car looks big and is roomy for four large guys for a golf day. I paided less than Honda and have more car and the OnStar is a great tool. Monthly service reports online via email. Go Buick, the LaCrosse is what it takes to win back the Honda Toyota buyer. I was reformed.

Quiet ride, MPG @ 30 HWY. Power package

Make fog lights standard and flex fuel.

Great highway car
By Jake

2006 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Lacrosse last year and do a lot of highway travel. It gets great gas milage I can depend on getting 30 MPG on the highway. The ride is incredible and coupled with XM radio and the piece of mind of Onstar the miles fly buy. The remote start is nice during the winter, I like that the climate control will automatically turn on the defosters when using the remote start. I have yet to have anything go wrong with it.

The green gauges with a white needle, they are easy to read at night( I understand they when to white with a red needle for '07), climate control, remote starting, quiet ride, gas milage. Onstar!!

Crispier handling. Navigation system would be nice.