Used 2005 Buick LaCrosse Consumer Reviews - 144 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Buick LaCrosse

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

I wish I bought a foreign car
By kevo

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

I used to be really pleased with this car. Then I hit 1200 miles. That is when it first started squeaking. The dash was first, then the steering column. The seats are a little too firm for my tastes beyond about 45 minutes. The gas mileage after 12,500 miles is 17 mpg 50/50 city/highway, very poor in my opinion. The paint seems very soft because I have several chips in places one would not normally expect a chip, like the rear bumper, the rear decklid and high on the hood.

Powerful engine, quiet when it isn't squeaking in the interior.

Buy a foreign car

Gas Poor
By Gary

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

Have had for 1 year and 9,500 miles. Just minor irritances i.e. squeak in dash, wind noise. Car handles well on curves and accelerates without hestitation. (and wife) don't like consoles so are trading car in new Buick Lucerne with split front seats for eatra room and longer arm rest.

Enjoy XM radio, acceleration, handling, and style. Stabilitrac is great to have when driving around in the snow and ice.

Biggest gripe I have is with gas mileage. Suppose to get around 18 mpg in town and 27 mpg highway. I get 15-16 and 23-24 mpg.

2005 Buick La Crosse CXS
By John

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

Smooth, quiet ride, plenty of power, mileage good on highway, but could be better around town.

Heated front seats, OnStar, XM radio, dual exhaust system

Wipers should lift for cleaning windshield. Outside mirrors should fold back. Need more legroom in rear seats. Improve trunk lid closing feature. Redesign dash and DIC. Make glove box functional. It`s too small and poorly designed. Relocate outside temperature guage. Hard to see when driving

Great Car
By CALLEN

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned the car around one year. No problems at all. The car looks great and people always think that it is a much more expensive car than it is. I really like the front and rear styling, as well as the comfortable interior.I went from an import to this car and this car is wonderful!

Tilt telescope wheel, dual power seats dual climate control, auto start system chrome wheels and the optional chrome appearance package which adds chrome on the bumber corners and the body side mouldings

None that I can think of. the car is great as it is I would consider it the best car that I have ever owned

My First Buick
By joe kuroski

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

I was waiting for Buick to come up with an all new car, to replace their dated 80's style line up. I was very pleased with the pleasent design, inside and out. I have the CXS model,v-6, It goes like the wind. I have experenced 2 recalls and the heater fan module breaking. But all and all the quality is impressive, and the quietness inside the cabin is wonderful.

The "VVT" engine.

Window and door lock switches in the back seat should be lighted.