Used 2005 Buick LaCrosse Consumer Reviews - 144 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Buick LaCrosse

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

First ever Buick
By Norman Kairns

2005 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Been a GM person most of my driving life, and this is the first Buick I've owned. Nice car. Clean finish and very comfortable to drive. However, the car could use a little more head room in all seating positions.

Fit and finsh. Comfort. Quiet, smooth ride

I'm a little concerned about having no trunk access other than by remote or the door lock switch. No mechanical access to the trunk is available. This could create a problem if and when the electric mechanism should fail.

Still Mixed Feelings
By Scott

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my LaCrosse CXS for a year now and like it but have a few issues. My wife really likes it and drives it daily. Fuel mileage is less then expected. With mostly town driving we get 19mpg. Power is great. Transmission is not a smooth as others in this class. Truck is difficult to open. Two issues - drivers side window rattles at high speed and CD player rattles when hit bumpy roads. I like the car but Buick needs to work out some details in design and quality.

Engine, styling

Build quality and truck operation.

Not toohappy
By Donna

2005 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I previously owned a Buick Century and was very upset when I found out they stopped making them. I bought the LaCrosse because I was told it was the replacement for the Century. I have not been impressed. I do like the car, but only at this point because it is a new car, and who does not like a new car. I had very good luck with the Century as far as engine problems went. I was told that the LaCross has a new engine design and I am quite sceptical about that. It does not seem to have the power that the Century had. I have very slow acceleration when I am running my air, and the air conditioning is no where near the performance that the Century had.I am not happy about that. I am disappointed

I love the CD player but only because I have never had one.

The engine definitely needs improvements. The air conditioner also needs improvement.

2005 LaCrosse CXS
By caddycart

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

Have owned this car for one year and Ilove it. Would like it better if it got a little better gas mileage but I do like the new engine. Would also like mine to have the new 4 year warranty.

New engine and XM radio, quietness and handling.

Needs a little more headroom for the male drivers. Better gas mileage would be nice of course without giving up the power.

I'm a 45 year old Buick owner
By Joe S.

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this car for 2 months. Purchased w/15K miles on it. CXL model rides very smooth on the highway. More comfortable than my Saturn L. This car is rated 20/29 mpg but I cannot understand why I only average about 14 mpg in city driving. Highway mpg is great..lives up to its 30 mpg. Steering is a little balky. You can feel it roll and dip on sharp turns. All and all this a comfortable sedan. Looks a little like the Lexus LS330 until you look at the grille. The grille and layout of the front is the thing only way you know it is a Buick. Also, for some reason, every time I turn on the air vents the AC is on. I think if the in city gas mileage was better I would enjoy this car more.

XM radio, driver info center, interior programmable lighting, nice size trunk, powerful ventilation system

Brighter dash controls, controls in steering standard, side front head lines are a little tight