Used 2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Consumer Reviews - 144 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

The 3800 engine is a proven 'keeper'
By James Crawford

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

On smooth pavement, this car is very quiet. The dual zone climate control works very well. Engine cruising rpms are surprisingly low. My new Buick has 1,000 miles on it and I can average 25+ MPG on the interstates of Florida & Georgia while set on cruise control at 75 - 80 MPH. The ABS brakes are very controllable for coming to a smooth, non-diving stop. All-around visibility (windshield, side windows, side mirrors, and a really wide view via the automatic day/night rearview mirror)is the best I've ever had. The rear bumper resident back-up warning system helps give me back some of the sense of depth perception that I've lost with age! I've been in Fords for 30 years. I'm in Buicks to stay.

The comprehensive integration of fit, finish, & functionality...inside & out. With hinge system designed external to the trunk space, I can pack that space to over 95% efficient usage, employing a mix of soft & hard sided luggage, without even thinking of folding the split rear seatbacks forward.

Needs an exterior handle on the trunk lid. Fold-back side mirrors would also be a nice touch. Boost that standard (included)bumper- to-bumper warranty from 36 months / 36,000 miles to 48 months / 48,000 miles.

Quietest car on the road
By Daniel Moore

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I took this vehicle for a 2500 mile trip shortly after purchase and in all of my years of driving I don't believe I have ever had a car that performed better and offered such a pleasant non-tiring drive. It is interesting that the editors, who don't regularly drive this car don't rate it as highly as do the owners. I took this vehicle through the Eastern mountains and found it great to handle. The first day on the road, and this car was not really broken in, I got just under 33 MPG.

I really love the car but if I had to pick a single feature it would be the quiet interior and ease of handling would be next.

I imagine any model vehicle could stand to be improved but at this point I would be hard pressed to think of anything I don't like

My old Century had a softer ride and seats
By Mike

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

I really shopped and already have an '04 buick century.. The LaCrosse is only slightly quieter, mainly the engine, but tire noise is there. Also the seats are not as comfortable as the Century and the ride seems stiffer... Power in the LaCrosse is smoother and more responsive, and fully loaded on vacation to Florida we got 28 MPG. If the Century is replaced, then the LaCrosse may take its place, but ride quality and seats are an area for improvement...

It looks great and the fit and finish are world class.. The remote start is worth it for both summer and winter. The steering wheel controls for audio / CD, temperature, etc. helps keep your eyes on the road. Big trunk for a family.. Smooth, powerful and quiet engine..

Softer seats, quieter tires, softer ride

2005 LaCrosse
By CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The car is very good on the road. It has a very quiet interior, and you dont hear road noises. I believe the gas consumption is about 18 to 20 miles in the city, and on the road it is 25 to 27 miles to the gallon.

The insrument panel. The information center. The safety features. The new pull out back seat feature, which lets you put items from the trunk to the back seat.

The car could have a little more room in the back passenger comparment.

Solid car
By Carolyn

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

It has a nice exterior look, and it doesn't look like every other car in the parking lot. It has a very comfortable ride and take bumps well. As a person who has driven smaller cars in the past, it was easy to get used to.

Easy to use controls. The driver information center is very convenient. The back up warning feature is handy.

None