Used 2005 Buick LaCrosse Consumer Reviews - 144 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Buick LaCrosse

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

Short term owner so far
By Joni Glessner

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

Love the car - traded in a 2004 Rendevous - hated that one. Big trunk, OnStar, remote start, XM Radio big plus.Gas mileage still on the bubble - have only gone 400 miles. Beautiful car - Been a Park Ave. owner for years UNTIL the Rendevous. LaCrosse is perfect size. I'm a 25 year REALTOR so need a nice roomy car. LaCrosse meets the criteria so far!!

XM Radio - I'd put a portable one in my Rendevous and have one at home. Can't live without it!!

Would like a little better mileage

I love my LaCrosse-Fantastic Value
By justy

2005 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my LaCrosse a few months ago and I really like it a lot. I traded in a small SUV because I really wanted the comfort of a sedan again. I am 38, but and in a professional line of work, so I wanted to buy a car that is classy. This car fits the bill! It is absolutely beautiful inside. The wood grain is what sold me (yes, I know it's not real-but I like it). The thing I am most disappointed in the handling. The steering has some play and I think it needs to be tighter. I agree with others that the trunk is awkward to close. I wish I bought a higher trim level but it's still a great value.

Auto-headlamps; radio; beautiful interior and exterior; powerful engine; comfortable and quiet.

Tighter steeting; better gas mileage; A/C vents in the back; fold-down back seats in all models. Car would remember some radio setting for pop, classical, etc. and that A/C recirculation button would stay on. Everytime I start the car I have to turn it on again.

Buick finally got it right
By dago

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 4th Buick and by far the best. I was really disappointed in my 03 Regal. The bumpy ride and exterior noise was a turnoff. After reading about all the changes Buick made for improvements I just had to try out this LaCrosse. The ride is so much smoother and very quiet. My only regret is that I didn't get the CXS model. I have had the vehicle only 2 months so it is difficult to rate the reliability, hence the low mark for reliability

I like the remote starter

ABS should be standard. Better fuel econonmy. There are blind spots in the rear because of the head rests.

A New Kind of Buick
By BadgerBuick

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

An outstanding vehicle in performance, quality and styling. The CSX model is a Buick that should appeal to all kinds of drivers. Young people that drove mine loved it and wished that they could have one. Buick has to change the focus of its advertising, stressing the performance and styling of the LaCrosse. It looks a lot better than the Honda, Nissan and Toyota "luxury" clones. These all look alike, exterior and interior. There seems to be more of a difference between owner and "expert" evaluations for the LaCrosse than for most other cars. Owners love it, "experts" rate it so-so. The experts must have an image of the "average age of 65" Buick owner embedded in their mind.

The eye catching exterior styling. Everyone comments on how good it looks. Very good passing acceration that is needed for interstate driving.

Change the sun roof, the wind noise when it is open makes it worthless. Putting the OnStar above the windshield is goofy. Where's the exterior trunk handle? Why doesn't GM use locking gas caps?

Car of the Year
By John Henry Doakes

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I'm disappointed in mileage, in town and on the road. Car has not loosened up yet, but hope it will do better than 16 mph.

Style, comfort, etc.