Used 2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan Consumer Reviews - 144 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

This Buick could be better
By Tom

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I really like the interior and exterior styling and the fit and finish are very good. The ride is smooth and quiet. However, I drive for work and find the seat very uncomfortable after long rides day after day. It seems that along the sides of the seats there is not enough cushion to shield the driver from the metal structure beneath. It has made me think of trading in an otherwise great car earlier than planned.

Interior design of the dash and instrumentation. Storage areas on the console and placement of "plug-ins".

My last car was a 2000 Regal (165K miles) the seat was very comfortable. Do the same with this car. City MPG is not good (18-22). Improve acceleration.

Disappointed
By DADIRV

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Lags when accelerating from one lane to another on the highway. Jars the teeth when riding over light road irregularities. Creeps when waiting for traffic lights to change. Mpg is poor. On the road without city driving may be 21 mpg. City driving gives me 15-16 mpg. My 93 Buick Park Ave gave me better mileage on the road. The thermometer inside reads wrong all the time. I would guess that there is some sort of electronic problem.

The exterior and interior are classy looking

Not being a mechanic the improvements I'm looking for entail the use of diagnostic equipment and personnel who know how to use the equipment

LaCrosse CXS
By sscott1

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my LaCrosse three months ago and traded a 99 Regal GSE. I loved the Regal, but the premium fuel was getting expensive. I expected to get 23 MPG on the LaCrosse and am getting 19. I expected a performance hit over the Regal and I got it. I got 22 MPG with the Regal with EPA rating of 18/26. The LaCrosse is rated 19/27 on regular gas. The car is quiet and comfortable with nice features. I can live with the performance hit, but the mileage is tough to take at $3 per gallon. Anyone considering a CXS should be aware of what you will be getting on mileage. So far I have had no warranty issues. This one is my tenth GM car and will be my last. All in all I should have bought a Toyota!

Remote starting is great on hot days and I am sure it will be equally appreciated on cold ones. Memory settings for seats etc. is also nice. I am tall and my seat position is not what most people like, so when someone changes my seat position it comes right back where I had it.

Gas mileage and preformance are poor on the CXS. Probably better mileage with the 3800 engine, but even worse performance.

2005 Buick LaCrosse
By SDS

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent value. Outstanding handling and pickup. Looks classy, yet sporty. Can't beat it for the money. LOVE IT!

Handling, pick up, bells and whistles

LaCrosse is wonderful
By thedago

2005 Buick LaCrosse Sedan CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 4th Buick. The LaCrosse is everything the advertisements say. I wanted it because of the quiet and smooth ride. Quite an improvement over the Regal. I have had my CXL for 2 months and i am quite satisfied. I already have over 3700 miles on it. At first I was disappointed in the gas mileage. But after my last road trip encompassing 600 miles I was stasfied. I averaged just under 29 MPG on the highway (which the sticker indicates). However, city driving drops the MPG considerably. I really love the way the car performed in rainy conditions, and the headlamps are nice and bright.Overall I have no complaints.

Remote starter, Driver information Center

Some blind spots due to the rear head rests. Location of Cruise control on steering wheel is awkward. I need to take my eyes off the road to locate it. I liked it better on the directional/wiper control.