Used 2009 Buick Enclave Consumer Reviews - 81 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Buick Enclave

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

Great!!!! but.......
By buckeye boy

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We really enjoy our Enclave. We moved out of a Toyota Sequoia and do miss the extra space and taller ride, however, this Buick is a remarkable vehicle overall. I have only 2 complaints, I am only 5'-9", unlike a previous reviewer I like the footrest on the left side. My problem is either the seat is too short or the seat height is not right for me, I get a cramping sensation in my right thigh, especially after driving for awhile. Second concern is that the middle position of the 8 seater will not easily accommodate a child seat as we hoped. Should have tested that. Overall a great vehicle and fun to drive.

Power seat, satellite radio, stylish appearance

Thigh support seating, Driver seat can smash items or people in back when I press button to exit from driver seat

Loving it so far
By LI Driver

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After 4 minivans, I had to have a vehicle that offered more comfort and style, but still offered a roomy third row for my teen/tween-aged kids. But I did not want anything as big (and costly) as a Sequoia. The Enclave fits the bill perfectly. It is roomy and comfortable to ride in. So far, performance has been great. I read the criticism about the transmission being slow to downshift, but I haven't noticed anything significant. MPG was another concern, but on a recent trip, I got over 21 mpg (obviously highway). For a vehicle this size, I can't complain. If you are looking for a crossover that combines lots of room with style and comfort, check out the Enclave.

Very comfortable seating. Overall style. OnStar/XM (free trials for both included).

Layout of switches/controls could be more intuitive. For example: only one lever off the steering column, which includes windshield wiper controls (among other things), while the rear wiper controls are found under the radio. No biggie, but counter intuitive.

What Kind of Car Is It?
By Amazed!!!

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I don't think I have ever owned a car people were so inquisitive about. We drove the Enclave on a whim (actually to kill time while we waited on the salesman to find a Yukon on the lot). Wow! What a suprize! Our past 3 vehicles have been a Yukon and 2 Tahoes. We actually had decided on another Yukon but we were not happy with the ride or the boxy look of the new body style. We drove the Lexus, Infiniti, Tahoe, Yukon and kept coming back to the Buick. I researched and read over 70 reviews. They basically said the same thing. It's a great car! We have 12K wonderful, enjoyable miles and it has been a pleasure every time I have opened the door. I still can't believe I am driving a Buick.

Someone really did aa great job on all of the storage pockets. The 110 outlet is great for charging computer or phone (my daughter though she was going to be able to blow dry her hair...haha). I love the flat folding 3rd row seats. Easy! Lot's of room. Where has electric start been all of my life?

I haven't quite figured out the front garment hook. It's a little strange.

Base Enclave CXL
By alvanhill

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Finally a salesperson listened and found a base vehicle for me to buy. The Enclave CXL FWD compares favorably with our 08 Lexus ES in comfort and quiet ride and has all the equipment I wanted without $$$'s in options. The six speed tranny takes some getting used to and I wish the drivers seat cushion gave more thigh support but this is a very nice vehicle for the money. More mpg would be nice but I think the DI engine will regulate that. At 7,000 miles the car delivers 24 mpg on the highway @ 70 mph.

On-Star, Satellite radio, power tailgate.

Get rid of the support for the left foot on the drivers side for more leg room. Longer drivers seat cushion for thigh support.

Sweet!
By Bryan Wagstaff

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I owned a Jaguar Vanden Plas and Chevy Astro and wanted a vehicle that combined the best of both. I found it in the Enclave. I now have the luxury of the Jag and the cargo/towing capabilities of the Astro. I also need an AWD/4WD vehicle to get me to my mountain cabin in the winter. The Enclave thus far has proven to be a sturdy, well built, fun to drive vehicle. There is so much about it that I like it's hard to know where to begin. However, of all the reviews I have read no one has mentioned the remarkable turning radius of the vehicle.

Interior & exterior styling, remote engine start, back up camera with proximity sensors, passenger & cargo space, Onstar, and the hands free Bluetooth phone features.

Real wood and less plastic.