Used 2009 Buick Enclave Consumer Reviews - 81 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Buick Enclave

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

Transmission Ruins Enjoyment
By Monica Ryan

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the Enclave after two suburbans and wanted a more luxurious vehicle with better gas mileage. I have been quite disappointed on both points. The transmission shifts randomly and feels like the entire car is going to stop at times. It is currently being repaired and I plan to sell it as soon as I can get it to run better. The car makes an awful grinding noise under the hood on acceleration and in turns which I have been told is normal. I have had two people ride with me lately and ask me what is wrong with the car. The car does not leave one with a feeling of confidence or satisfaction.

I love the way it looks.

Apply stainproofing to the seats so jeans do not leave the seats blue. Lessen the grinding noise from the transmission. Make the transmission shift more smoothly and less often.

Great fun sporty family car
By smilininma

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We have only had the car for 9 months but so far we really like it. The gas mileage could be better. We are getting about 15-16 mpg but we live up on a big hill and I spend most of the day going up and down it so that needs to be taken into consideration. It is a great family car and I love that we didn't have to go the minivan route but have the all the room of one.

Design, drive,

none that I can think of

Highly Recommended Crossover
By David Thomas

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my Enclave for one year now. I am very pleased with the quality and comfort of this crossover. Buick has made a true luxury vechicle at a great price. After researching the Audi Q7, Lexus, Cadillac, Mercedes, and other fine luxury SUVs/ Crossovers, the Enclave offered the most value for all the luxury ammenities.

On-Star is a must have. I will never purchase a car without On-Star. It is a must have feature. The turn by turn On- Star feature makes a touch screen navigation system unnessary. It is easier to use than a touch screen navigation system and you can keep your eyes on the road while talking to On

Improved city gas milage

not as advertised
By schomeboy

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought car in "clunker" trade-in deal. My wife fell in love with this car based on the interior and quiet ride. she was correct on both. however, after 4 months we see a couple of issues. first, gas mileage is 15-20 not 17-24 as advertised! No different than the "clunker" we had. took it back to dealer and of course found nothing wrong. had to put foam strips on underside of garage door because rear door lifts too high and bangs on bottom of garage door. ill designed. no clothes hook on second row seats. to hang clothes you have to use hook by 3rd row seats and it is difficult to get to. nice car overall, but I would look at others before investing this much money.

ride, quiet, interior plushness, On- Star, XM radio

Redesign rear door to allow to work in normal garages. Add clothes hook by 2nr row seats. Improve gas mileage to at least what is advertised!!

1st Class all the way
By Yellow Jacket Fan

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I was growing tired of my Ford Explorer, even though it was only 4 years old. It was starting to cost me money in repairs, and it was becoming a rattle trap. I wanted an upscale vehicle that would seat at least 7 passengers comfortably for hauling kids, but that would still seat adults comfortably in all 3 rows, and would still have some cargo room with the 3rd row up. I didn’t want a mini-van, so I thought I would be stuck with a large SUV like a Suburban or an Expedition, but then I found the Enclave. Looks great, drives great, rides great, and has nice appointments inside and out. I have 6000 miles on it, and have not had a single issue with looks or performance.

Comfortable seating for adults as well as kids in all 3 rows, reasonable cargo space even with 3rd row up, great bluetooth integration, nice audio system, luxury look and feel inside and out

Improved rear visibility, include the roof rack cross bars (seems cheap to include the roof rack but not the cross bars), improved gas mileage (although the mpg is not bad for a vehicle of this size and weight)