Used 2009 Buick Enclave Consumer Reviews - 81 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Buick Enclave

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

More Con's than Pro's
By sarah

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2009 Enclave in Florida then moved to the mountains in Virginia 10mo later. First off the car is really loud when standing outside but quiet on the inside.These are the things going wrong. Plastic outside between the windows bubble/ripple, coating came off of air conditioner button, carpet worn completely down on passenger side, car rolls back while in drive on a hill as if it were in reverse, car rolls at least 6 inches after putting it in park on flat land, knocking noise when i turn my steering wheel either way and the carpet is made very very cheap.All these things are covered under warranty except the carpet.Still have problems with car rolling back while n drive on hill.

Love all the bells and whistles, double sun roof, lots of room, comfy well made leather seats, On star, blue tooth, dual climate control and Boise speaker system

I'm 5'7 and i can not see the front off my car even with my seat raised higher, carpet is really cheap, make back sunroof open, make car run quieter on the outside, fix the transmitions, need i say more... I don't like my Buick anymore and I miss my Toyota.

bleeding ears
By Jerry Eisenzimmer

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

With rear windows down air pressure fluctuations pound on your ears and is so painful it will make you cry. Had i known this before it would have been a deal breaker. Buick knew about because they already had a memo out on the problem.

redesign the body, doors, windows, whatever is causing the problem

Luxurious Ride
By Connie

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We love this car EXCEPT for the fuel economy. We went for something a little smaller than our Suburban to hopefully improve economy while still having enough seating for 6 passengers if needed (rarely). The car only gets about 12 mpg in town. On flat interstate it can get 22-24 mpg. Chrome on dash is attractive but a problem with glare while driving. Otherwise, we love the car - great ride on those Michelin tires.

Smoothe, quiet ride!

Fuel economy needs improvement - not as advertised!

Love my buick enclave
By jack rezai

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

GM won me back with this SUV! The interior and exterior quality is excellent. I had an 08 highlander before my buick, and the quality was not even close. seats are very comfortable and very supportive. Driving this vehicle is a joy. Ride is smooth, comfortable, stable and quiet even in high winds. AWD system works perfectly. I live in Calgary, AB, Canada, and the AWD, Stabilitytrack, and traction control system provides stable and comfortable ride. I have not gotten stuck in snow and mudd even once. My sister with her subaru SUV got stuck, I didn't. This vehicle has lots of rooms! Love the look and the style. Welcome Back GM! Great work :)

Bluetooth is an awesome feature and works perfectly. Back center console, adjustable headlights, sounds system quality, wood trim, 110 V outlet is very useful. heated and cooled seats, and On star service of course

the transmission can be hesitant to shift down sometimes for quick passing. Might require pedal to metal to downshift. Fuel economy is NOT bad, but it's not the best either. But still I love my Buick

Solid but not stellar
By Freddy K

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Car looks great and lots of compliments. Gas Mileage is not that great. Seats need more support. Very smooth and quiet. Car need more power and better transmission. GM Navigation is bad. We have an Acura MDX and Lexus GS with Nav systems that are light years better than the GM system.

Smooth and Quiet. Great looks and chrome wheels are great.

Better seats, more power and better transmission