Used 2008 Buick Enclave Consumer Reviews - 261 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Buick Enclave

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

Serious Reliability Issues
By SunShine

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I wanted to love this car because it has the features that I needed, and it is my first American built car. Unfortunately, this car has had terrible reliability. The transmission had to be replaced, several rattle and motor sounds had to be fixed, the air conditioner had to be fixed twice already and it still doesn't work, and I just had to be towed, one week after my 50,000 maintenance, because of brake issues. I was on my way to taking my daughter to the hospital! I seriously regret purchasing this car.

Third row seat that an average size adult can use Beautiful lines inside and out Price for features

Reliability!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smoother shifting at higher speeds Slightly longer seat cushion on second row seats

Buick Enclave
By donald longest

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is a great vehicle. The only things to improve is the small rear window and needs more Hp

I used to be a GM Fan.
By Doug G

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Mine was preowned but practically new when I got it. Great looks and design concept, but disappointing quality. The gears stripped out in the power seat control and was replaced (I'm not Fat); The entire steering column was replaced to eliminate a persistent knocking; There is a constant rubber- on-rubber squeak when you turn the steering wheel, which the dealer tells me he has brand new Enclaves with the same problem and Buick has no fix; a water pump went out last month; in cold weather the front end cracks and pops and sounds like the FWD drive train and suspension is flying apart; drips oil. Generally speaking, it's looks good and is comfortable, but is a typical, poorly built U.S. car

Interior space layout and seating; XM/Nav/Reverse-Camera system; Good MPG (Ave. 22 MPG on a recent 2,000 mile trip to Colorado); comfortable ride and quiet, except for of all the squeaks, creaks, and rattles due to poor fit and finish; V-6 engine will get up and move when you need it to.

Tire size exclusive to Enclave with only one Michelin and one BF Goodrich to choose from, Hi $$. Poor build quality that results lots of squeaks and rattles for a high-end, luxury car. Front end suspense and drive train doesn't have a solid feel. At cruising speed it shifts in and out of OD a lot.

Enclave Driving for Almost 2 Years
By personal

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I read a blog before we purchased who advised to purchase the back-up camera system due to the blind spots. I took that advise & it was right on. I'm about 5'5" and my complaint is the visor doesn't block the sun when it is on the Driver's side. Lethargic pick- up is my other complaint. There is a 'lag' when slowing down and then gaining acceleration to pass another car. Also a little thing but important to a woman is the hook on the back of the driver's seat is useless.

Love the look. We've taken several trips of 500 miles or more one way, and it is comfortable. Drives well and has plenty of room for our golf clubs in addition to luggage. Easy to store all the items I buy @ Target & the grocery store. Great overall w/safety bags well protecting the car.

How about devising a visor to protect shorter people from the sun. Definitely need to beef up acceleration. Add a usable clothes hanging spot. Keep the exterior look. We think it stands out from the SUV 'crowd' with the front grill & styling which is what we were looking for.

Love My Buick
By Bing

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My Buick Enclave is best riding vehicle that I have ever had. The Enclave rides so smooth on the Interstate. I like all of the safety features standard on the Enclave. People ask me if I like my Enclave, I tell them no I love my Enclave. Gas mileage in cit could be much better.

The navigation system and the turn by turn assistance from GM is great.

The MPG needs to be improved