Used 2008 Buick Enclave SUV Consumer Reviews - 261 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Buick Enclave SUV

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

Trying to be loyal
By manymiles

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Come on GM, where is the quality?
We have 48,000 miles on our Enclave.
In the last four months we have replaced the rear HVAC unit, steering speed sensor, water pump, rewired the trailer harness (incorrect from factory), replaced a screw that was loose from the air box and rattling (very annoying), and now a tpms is faulty causing a low tire every morning!
Trying hard to remain a GM fan but these problems are making it difficult.
If we travel very far these days we always take our Acura, VERY DEPENDABLE!!!

Love the looks, soft ride and remote start!

Quality, quality, quality! For this price range should have a much nicer stereo system. Buttons and switches are typical GM, cheap! Would also be nice to stop the liftgate at 3/4.

GM Quality gone?
By creeker00

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Switched over from Dodge/Jeep to GM in purchasing the 08' Enclave and what a mistake that was.
Guess next time I will go with a Ford, as GM and Dodge have obviously went way downhill.

Car rides better than any I've driven.
Seat comfort and features such as dual climate control, heated seats, etc. are great.
But, with under 50,000 miles on the vehicle the control buttons have lost their paint, the leather seats are terribly worn just from normal use, the rear climate control has had to be replaced due to non-functioning and is acted up again.
Also, the transmission had to be completely replaced after 40,000 miles and the rack and pinion had to be replaced.
Poor, Poor quality for $37K.

Dual climate control system.

Drive train reliability, overall build quality. For a $37K vehicle I expect a $37K vehicle, not a $27K vehicle...

For Fair Weather only!
By EAS

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

If you live in an area that has rain and/or snow - please reconsider purchasing a 2008 Enclave. This car is terrible on wet roads. All else seems to be fairly good; no other issues.

Good looking vehicle.

Regret Purchase
By wilson

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I really regret purchasing my Buick Enclave. This is the first time I have purchased a Buick and it will be the last! Had to have transmission fixed. It took 3 weeks. Now having the same problem. When driving the car suddenly downshifts and I go from 65mph to 45mph and can not do anything about it. The last time I lost all power steering. Very dangerous when it happens on the highway. My car is at the dealership right now and I do not want it back!

in the shop 17 times!
By Dr. D

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had numerous problems with my Enclave. It has been in the shop 17 times, towed 4 times and been jumped 3 times. I first had the battery replaced w/in 8 months of ownership and it has been downhill since. The odometer malfunctioned, water pump replaced in the 2nd year and the transmission was replaced after 2 years. The car has leaked, trunk malfunctioned, On Star was repaired and though I know I am leaving out things, you get the gist of my experience. The time spent and money wasted on car rentals is beyond acceptable. The only positive in my Buick experience is that the service center staff were wonderful and empathic; Kim went out of her way to help me out. Buyer beware!

I am so damaged by the lack of reliability, I cannot find any. Maybe the auto start feature......

Self explanatory ie. reliability. Also the front pillar and side view mirror together create a huuuge blind spot for both short and taller drivers.