Used 2008 Buick Enclave SUV Consumer Reviews - 262 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Buick Enclave SUV

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

GM Gets it Right
By John

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Drivers who have abandoned domestics for foreign makes need to return to the fold. The quiet and comfortable ride rival any sedan- foreign or domestic that I have rode in. As you walk around the car and notice the fit and finish, you have to remind yourself this is really a domestic. The leg and head room, safety features galore, and comfortable ride are really something.

Power liftgate, side curtain airbags for all outboard seats,ease of moving the captain's chairs-2nd row, fold flat back seat,On Star and XM Satellie, storage compartments, classy interior, quiet ride and handling, overall looks.

Arm rest between driver and passenger for a short person difficult to use, no place between front seats to place purse for wife, with DVD in use limits back vision.

Best Car I Have Owned So Far
By Aggies95

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The car is simply awesome. Quiet, luxurious, fun to drive. GM has finally decided to compete with Japan and Europe. The car is not perfect, but comes close. I test drove Acura MDX, BMW X5, Volvo C70, Mercedes ML, Lexus RX and Buick won out. The other cars were nice, but not as well thought out and not even close when it comes to value. I traded in my Lincoln Aviator. I was hesitant about buying another domestic car because I have been disappointed on the two that i owned. The Enclave has a generous warranty that should cover most problems.

Sunroof, 2nd row seats, cargo room, smooth and quiet ride, and over all luxurious feel.

Transmission needs a little improvement on shift points. Hybrid option.

Good GM--but don't nickel and dime us.
By briansal

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We are happy with this vehicle. 8-passenger seating (counsel unavailabe despite being pictured in all the ads this year). Plenty of pick-up and lots of room inside; OK fuel mileage for an SUV of this size Two words of advice: Consider adding an aftermarket GPS system instead of OEM GPS, because the DVD GPS data is two years old when you buy the vehicle.

Interior: dash board and front seats

The tilt mirrors do not return to the same spot they were at before they tilted; best to turn this feature off. GPS system DVD is 2 years old when you buy the vehicle, and you need to spend $200 to get the current DVD. Poor purchase incentives. Questionable value overall.

Elegant car
By Julie

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We finally upgraded and graduated out of our beloved family Honda mini van. I feel like I have finally grown up and have something just for me. The Enclave is quiet and smooth driving. ours is fully loaded and it will take a while to learn all of the bells and whistles, but our decision to buy this hard-to- find Buick was a good one! We looked at the Lexus, but the Enclave rated much better for emissions. I love this car!

Everything -- the remote start will be great in the winter and the sound system is amazing in this quiet car.

Nothing so far!

This Vehicle was made For me!
By Made for Me!

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle was made for me. It is quiet and very roomy. I can't believe that I have a luxury SUV! It is so smooth and handles very well. I love this vehicle! I thought it was out of my price range because it is luxury, but I got one fully loaded.

I love the XM, sunroof, OnStar, hands free calling, leather seats, the sleek exterior and the dual climate controls. I especially like the 3 prong outlet on the armrest console to use for my portable vacuum cleaner, or a laptop. I don't know if they can get better than this!

I wish they could improve is the gas mileage if possible. The only other thing is a button for the liftgate on the center console or the steering wheel. Unless I don't see it, I am still using my key fob while in the vehicle.