Used 2008 Buick Enclave SUV Consumer Reviews - 261 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Buick Enclave SUV

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

Loving it, now
By hawkeye

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love the way this vehicle drives! I would have given performance and fun to drive a "7" before I had the May 8th transmission update. This eliminated all hesitation and lugging. It holds the lower gears for instant throttle response. It came with a warning that it may decrease mpg by 0-2 mpg. I saw the 0. I get 22 on the interstate doing 76 mph. My wife got 23.5 mpg on a rural drive with small towns to go through. I get 14 mpg in around town/short trip driving. It's very reliable, too.

8 passenger seating, comfort, styling

I had the flash that makes downshifts into 5th on hills smooth, and it holds that gear until I'm over the hill, but I would rather lose 1-2 mph and not downshift at all.

Good First Impressions
By Andy

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The 2008 Enclave has been a great car to date. It has been a pleasure to drive. Very comfortable and very roomy. Gas mileage has been as expected. Have been getting 22.7 MPGs on highway / 16 MPGs around town. Very good for a vehicle this size. Another buyer who never thought he'd be in a GM or Buick product but was won over (considered Mazda CX-9 & Toyota Highlander). Great car after 2,000 miles. Very smooth ride (my mother is ready to trade in her Lexus RX 450). We'll see what the future holds.

Large comfortable seats, exterior/interior design, on-star has been great, great warranty, smooth ride, auto rear lift gate, backup sensor, heated seats/mirrors.

Auto tilt steering wheel (at this price level should be standard), hybrid or Flex-Fuel engine choice, wood on dash should match wood on steering wheel, blind spot sensors (available on CX-9 Touring).

Beautiful Buick
By Mario

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We look at almost every crossover model available on the market, but when we saw the Enclave, we fell in love. My wife still can't believe it's a Buick. Talking about a private jet, the inside is more like a first class section of a jumbo jet. Way to go Buick, keep it up because you already beat every foreign crossover in your class. My Enclave moved me so much that I personalized the license plate on it with my own name.

She is so good looking but it turn eyes on the streets whatever we go

None whatsoever

Quiet and Smooth are True Luxuries
By OwnedALot

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned and driven my Enclave now for 5200 miles and still love it. We just had our first child, and I sold my BMW M3 to get it. Never did I think I would love the quiet and smoothness so much, I assume my son likes it as well since he snoozes in it so well. I have also carried a full load of people on a 4-hour trip with no complaints and 20MPG. Not bad for 7 Adults and one child. As for around town driving, I get an average of about 17MPG with mostly local driving. I've never gotten less than 15MPG, with very city-like local short trips, so I am not sure what some people are doing to get less than that. Finally, we have had exactly 0 problems.

Quite and smooth ride, room to spare, power hatch, beautiful interior and exterior, tight turning radius, navigation system, touch-screen audio controls.

Bluetooth phone integration, less safety lock-outs on the NAV and audio controls, hybrid drive for better mileage (without sacrificing performance).

Awesome & Safe
By Awesome & Safe

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this vehicle in March of 2008. June 4th a storm came through our area and a tree fell on top of my Enclave. I can honestly tell you the car had no (zero) damage. The Enclave is a safe vehicle. This only disappointment I have is the acceleration and gas mileage. Otherwise, everything is great. I feel 100% safe in this vehicle.

Exterior & interior; quiteness, and roominess. Very safe!

Acceleration and poor gas mileage. I average 16 mpg.