Used 2008 Buick Enclave Consumer Reviews - 263 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Buick Enclave

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

Thrilled with the Enclave
By Randall

2008 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I took possesion of my Enclave on June 1 and took it for a drive throught the Rocky mountains. Wow, what a ride! I am totally impressed with this vehicle. Gas mileage was decent at 23.9MPG. This is a sexy looking CUV both in and out and is extremely quiet. The seats are extremely comfortable front and back. The nav system is also a great feature that I found invaluable driving in unfamiliar cities. OnStar is also great, I love the personal service that you get with this. This should be standard on all vehicles. I will be using this car to haul long items and I have more room than my old Dodge Caravan. The seats can be configured to fit almost any need. Congrats to the Buick designers

The overall look, nav system, and OnStar. Turning headlights are great at night. I definitely recommend the white diamond tri coat finish, it is stunning. The quiet ride. The 19" tires are also quite impressive.

Better visibility, thank God for the backup camera and sensors. A rear console/cooler for the second row.

Great trip
By Randy

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Just completed a 2700 mile trip with four adults and lots of luggage. Averaged 21 MPG for entire trip and 24 MPG interstate at 73 MPH average. Drove 1000 straight miles only stopping for breaks and gas. Never felt tired or stiff. Seating and ease of handling are exceptional. Lives up to and exceeds quiteness claims. Did not find that shifting was a problem as other owners have eluded to, it was very smooth even with numerous terrain changes. This vehicle will get 27 MPG+ at 60 MPH on a level road. This is a great car for the money. Exterior and interior styling and workmanship are outstanding. Presently have 8500 miles on vehicle.

Memory seats/settings, remote start, XM, roominess of cargo area, access to second row seats and their sliding/tilting ability. Heated seats that allow chosing back only or bottom and back. Powered rear lift gate. Back up assist.

Gas mileage needs to improve for town driving. It only gets 11-12 MPG in town at an average of 30 MPH over 2.5 miles with four stop and go. Change location of DC oulet in console so it does not interfere with the drink holder. Needs additional garmet hangers behind front seats.

Just OK for me
By Lynne D.

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My 2008 Enclave is one year old with 23,000 miles. I waited a year to write this review so it would be more accurate. Bad things: I get 16 mpg consistantly, much less than I expected. Transmission is a constant issue. Pulling on to a highway from an on ramp into traffic is tricky as this car just doesn't have the acceleration or power needed to pull this off effortlessly. When heat/AC is on with the fan it is very loud. Moulding of the front bumper comes to a point and is very low to the ground. Watch curbs when parking! Good things: Roomy inside and we love the "minivan" seating arrangement where you can walk through to the third row. It looks nice and turns many heads.

Interior, stereo system, DVD player

Transmission, gas mileage, heat/ac noise

Great car
By Rob

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is the first American made car that I have ever purchased. No American cars ever interested me. I traded a 2004 Volvo XC90 for the Enclave. The Enclave is a big jump in quality especially for the price. The XC90 equipped similarly would cost $10K more. The ride is very smooth and quiet. We bought it loaded. My daughter loves the DVD. I like OnStar, navigation system, back-up camera and power liftgate. Adults can actually sit in the 3rd row comfortably. Behind the 3rd row there is room for luggage or coolers for tailgating. The gas mileage so far (800 miles) is not as good as the Volvo. The Enclave gets 15 MPG in the city. Overall, a great value. I highly recommend it.

Quiet, comfortable ride, navigation, DVD, XM radio. Plenty of room for 6. Back-up camera, power liftgate, remote start.

Better gas mileage. Body side molding. Blind spot sensor

So far I'm poor
By jrs

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Although a beautiful car inside and out, don't buy off on the claim that this gets better mileage than most SUVs. The AWD version I have is averaging less than 15 MPG in the city. The car is heavy and takes a lot of gas pedal to get up to speed. I was really hoping to get a little more economy out of this car.

Nav, luxury interior design

Engine could have better power/economy compromise