Used 2008 Buick Enclave SUV Consumer Reviews - 262 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Buick Enclave SUV

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

Quiet and Comfortable
By John

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I didn't want to rate this until I had some experience with the vehicle. Now I can still say I'm glad I bought it. I am a very tall person, so my choices of vehicles is limited, but this had plenty of head room even with the sun and separate moon roof. I hate highway noise, and this crossover makes driving pleasant, especially when taking long trips and listening to books on my MP3 through the car's system. Most of my driving is city, but after a long trip to NYC, the five adults all enjoyed the trip. Note to GM: keep working on that fuel cell.

Quiet, comfortable, style.

i love my Enclave!
By holly

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned Landrover and Toyota in the past and I traded in my Highlander hybrid for this beautiful Enclave. It sounds crazy to trade in a hybrid but the Enclave caught my eye and I fell in love. This is the most comfortable, spacious, and most beautiful interior suv I have ever owned! I just rode with a friend in her honda on a long road trip and I was so uncomfortable because the Enclave has spoiled me with its comfortable seats and space. I usually trade in a car every 2 yrs but I know I will not part with this vehicle unless it's to get a newer model. I paid well into the 40k range for my prior vehicles and didn't have the features I have with the Enclave.

Love the backup camera, adult size 3rd row seating, power rear lift gate, luxury interior, woodgrain trim, quiet and smooth comfortable ride, space, DVD, nav, OnStar, phone. This SUV feels heavy and grounded (safe).

When utilizing the phone and you have to speak the phone no. you are wanting to dial, the computer has difficulty in getting the numbers correctly and you have to keep repeating the number.

What a ride!
By Deb

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love my Enclave! Already made one trip from Ontario to Florida with two golden retrievers and a roof rack full of stuff! No problems. Took 6 people out and about down there on day trips, all comfortable. I too can only find the tailgate button on the keyfob while inside, is there a button? Other than on the tailgate? Which also had to be fixed...it would power up then drop closed! Easy fix. Have 23,000 k's on it as we speak and I can go 740 k's on one tank. Did I mention I love my Enclave?

Backup camera (really that's for my husband), OnStar, rear view mirrors that fold in when parking in tight spots, XM radio and it just looks so cool!

Lacking in pickup, needs to be "kicked" down to merge etc. But not a big problem. Also downshifts on slight inclines when on cruise. Again an easy fix, take it off cruise or better yet put transmission in L and shift yourself.

Favorite Car Ever!
By Donna

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love my Buick Enclave. It looks great. People have said it reminds them of the much more expensive Audi. It is super comfortable inside. It's a wide car, so sometimes parking and tight turns can be challenging. I had a GMC Envoy before this, and I would estimate the mileage on the Enclave to be about 30% better. I do a lot of city driving, so I can't say what I am averaging per gallon, but it is pretty good for a SUV of this size. Only problem I ever have is sometimes overshifting into low instead of drive, but maybe that's just me. These are great cars, and I'm seeing more and more of them on the street.

Buick has a winner with the Enclave
By David Mellard

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

You will not be disappointed with this CUV. We love it! Buick has hit a home run with the Enclave. We traded in a '01 Expedition with the same 1st and 2nd row captain chairs as the Enclave. I'm 46 and I never thought I'd own a Buick but I don't regret it at all. For the money, the seating configuration, capacity, features, performance, this is an absolute bargan. We were closely looking at the GMC Acadia (which is great as well) but the luxury, quiet ride, looks won us over. We looked at many other brands in this segment but there were very few that could seat 7 with the dual captain chairs. The V6 has plenty of power and transmission seems to shift smoothly for us. Great job Buick! We are very satisfied. GM should use this as an example to improve their bottom line.

Opt 4 DVD/NAV entertainment. Cocoa metalic paint, 19" wheels, smooth quiet ride, and my favorite: Plenty of leg room for someone that is over 6 foot tall. In fact, I have more leg room than my Ford Expedition. My daughters love the DVD and the dual sun roofs. Outside fit of panels/doors/hood.

Coat hooks in 2nd seat area are misplaced and seem to be really cheap for a well engineered/designed car. Better storage for CDs/DVDs. Other than those minor things, I can't think of anything else to pass on.