Used 2008 Buick Enclave Consumer Reviews - 264 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Buick Enclave

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

Blind spots
By Christine

2008 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Love the look and style of this vehicle. Gas mileage could be much better. The ride is great. Shifting is not smooth and makes it hard for a new teenage driver. Wish I would have gotten a back up camera. Never had a car with so many blind spots. But overall love this vehicle.

The look. The XM radio. The dashboard storage.

Don't like the tracks the second row seats slide on. Dirt and small items fall into them. Make shifting smoother. Needs a standard backup camera.

Beauty is only skin deep!
By Mark

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Transmission hesitation/performance is a glaring design issue. At times the tranny acts as it doesn't know what gear it is suppose to be in. Which negatively effects MPG. Currently gettng 14-15 city and 16-18 highway. Dealer installed software update but no help. Another update is available but told it would cost me 3-4 MPG and once installed ut can't be backed out! Have had 9 other Buicks and loved them all. This car, once you look past its beauty is a big dissappointment. Would not recommend until GM permanently fixes the tranny issues. Dealer does acknowledge this is an issue.

The Buick ride (once up to cruising speed) and styling.

Transmission performance. Garment hangers behind front seat. Nice to have real arm rests on front seats.

Quiet and Comfortable
By John

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I didn't want to rate this until I had some experience with the vehicle. Now I can still say I'm glad I bought it. I am a very tall person, so my choices of vehicles is limited, but this had plenty of head room even with the sun and separate moon roof. I hate highway noise, and this crossover makes driving pleasant, especially when taking long trips and listening to books on my MP3 through the car's system. Most of my driving is city, but after a long trip to NYC, the five adults all enjoyed the trip. Note to GM: keep working on that fuel cell.

Quiet, comfortable, style.

i love my Enclave!
By holly

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned Landrover and Toyota in the past and I traded in my Highlander hybrid for this beautiful Enclave. It sounds crazy to trade in a hybrid but the Enclave caught my eye and I fell in love. This is the most comfortable, spacious, and most beautiful interior suv I have ever owned! I just rode with a friend in her honda on a long road trip and I was so uncomfortable because the Enclave has spoiled me with its comfortable seats and space. I usually trade in a car every 2 yrs but I know I will not part with this vehicle unless it's to get a newer model. I paid well into the 40k range for my prior vehicles and didn't have the features I have with the Enclave.

Love the backup camera, adult size 3rd row seating, power rear lift gate, luxury interior, woodgrain trim, quiet and smooth comfortable ride, space, DVD, nav, OnStar, phone. This SUV feels heavy and grounded (safe).

When utilizing the phone and you have to speak the phone no. you are wanting to dial, the computer has difficulty in getting the numbers correctly and you have to keep repeating the number.

What a ride!
By Deb

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love my Enclave! Already made one trip from Ontario to Florida with two golden retrievers and a roof rack full of stuff! No problems. Took 6 people out and about down there on day trips, all comfortable. I too can only find the tailgate button on the keyfob while inside, is there a button? Other than on the tailgate? Which also had to be fixed...it would power up then drop closed! Easy fix. Have 23,000 k's on it as we speak and I can go 740 k's on one tank. Did I mention I love my Enclave?

Backup camera (really that's for my husband), OnStar, rear view mirrors that fold in when parking in tight spots, XM radio and it just looks so cool!

Lacking in pickup, needs to be "kicked" down to merge etc. But not a big problem. Also downshifts on slight inclines when on cruise. Again an easy fix, take it off cruise or better yet put transmission in L and shift yourself.