Used 2007 BMW Z4 Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW Z4

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:

What a car!
By DOUG

2007 BMW Z4 3.0si 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my Z4 coupe 15 months and have 17,700 miles on it. First car I have "loved"! I'm 65 and behind the wheel, I feel like 25. I have driven just about all sport cars, but none have turned me on, like my coupe. I drove a Porsche on a race track once, but this coupe will beat that Porsche on any curve anytime. And I might add, for half the price. The Z4 coupe is and will be the only car for me. When I'm too old to drive, I'll sit in my rocker, rock the day away, while looking at my Z.

1. The look of the car. 2. The feel of the car. 3. The way the car responds to me.

Just a little more room inside and move the cup holders to the center. Also a big blind spot in the back. A larger window in back would take care of this.

What I expected
By Retired & loving it

2007 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car as a retirement present present to myself (curiously, I see a lot of guys (mostly) my age driving these cars!). I have thoroughly enjoyed driving for short hops. I have taken 3 trips of 500 miles and this is not the car for it. The RFTs amplify the bumps on bad roads, and we all know what I-95 can be like. Other than that, it is so much fun to drive and cornering is a terrific experience. I have the 6-speed manual and wouldn't consider the automatic - that would just be wrong in a sports car.

Auto top, especially being able to lower it with the key fob - what a hit that has been at the senior center!

Seat memory buttons are hard to find in the dark. The trunk release on the key fob needs to be more sensitive. Sometimes, when I raise the windows go after raising the top, they automatically go back down. I have had to lower and re-raise the top to get them to stay up.

Design getting better with age
By rdavidz

2007 BMW Z4 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

When the Z4 came out to replace the Z3, I thought they ruined the idea. It's a much different car and when you drive it, you can forget about the Z3. The lines on the car all seem to fit and have purpose, even though I'm not a fan of the Bangle designs. I bought the Z4 3.0si convertible which is a fast car and looks unbelievable with the sport package and 18" wheels. The sport package completely changes the look and driving of the car, it's a must. It's fast enough even with the auto trans which has the paddle shifters. The extended leather and premium M seats are a must too. All the options raise the price, but if you're seriously considering this car, cost is not a concern.

Just about everything on the car really. The lines of the design are great. People stare at the car as if it cost twice what it did. Out performs 95% of the cars you'll pass. Interior makes the most out of the space the car has, quiet even at 75 with the top down. The Sport package is a must!

Ditch the electric steering, it feels on/off, either too much or no boost. The Z4 M is much more natural feeling. I know the cup holders are an afterthought and they're useless. The silver plastic on the steering wheel is completely out of place on this car, use aluminum or other.

Instant, incredible fun
By Fred

2007 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Nothing like completely changing a day as to hop into the Z and spring off into the night. Incredible driving experience and am lucky to have many windy roads to enjoy. Fun, fun, fun!

Handling, electronic controls, automatic soft top. Amazing coolness.

None

2007 BMW Z4 3.0si 6 spd manual
By Dee

2007 BMW Z4 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my Z4 for pleasure driving only (sunshine time). This was to replace my previous convertible of 5 years that I sold last year. After test driving numerous cars, once I sat in the Z4 I knew this was one for me. It amazes me every time I take it out for a drive! Usually there is a limit that a car can handle in driving performance but I still can't find it with this Z4. It's like "I can take that, I dare you to go farther!" Needless to say, this is a car that can get you in trouble. BMW really knows how to design and build an exceptional convertible. They have mastered what it takes to create an unparalleled driving experience. I am impressed.

Euphoric! Exterior/interior design; Bluetooth; size (good for small people); performance; braking, acceleration and handling; safety; runflat tires, rollover protection, airbags, 4*/5* BMW assist; premium stereo; extended leather, maintenance program, automatic top, heated and memory seats, fast. ;)

Channel adjustment on the same side of the steering wheel as the volume adjustment for the stereo (left) leaving right hand open for stick shift. Change/upgrade cup holders, vanity mirrors, a little more storage if possible, automatic peddle adjustment for ultimate seating customization.