Used 2007 BMW Z4 Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW Z4 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:

Not a relaxing cruiser but overall it is ok.
By James

2007 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Rent a 2007 z4 for holiday in Phoenix and drove it the Page via Grand Canyon. The acceleration is fantastic you can easily get to 80 or 100mph without noticing. But the steering was tight and sometimes I was struggling with it when it come to an uneven road. The circulation design was poor when the top down. I had it down on the way down Grand Canyon, the wind come into the cabin from the gap between the window and the trunk top. Wind noise is loud. Though it’s a beautiful looking roadster.

Glad I bought it
By BigShow

2007 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My 4 th BMW 2007 conv auto - base model - very pleased- had 69k- pd 11k at a dealer- clean and checked out- lots of fun , comfy enough, quiet enough-storage surprises you. I drive it like I stole it, smoooth and reliable- Im 5-11 200lbs/ fit fine.

Simply, a blast. Migrated from 535i
By Jay Ramsey

2007 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

2007 Z-4, Florida home. Avoid the bigger engine version since it comes only with the sport suspension which is a bit stiff. Test drive on less than perfect roads. Handling suspension terrific given mine was not the sport suspension. Paddle shifters. Decent mileage. Requires 91 octane for max performance. I gas up every 1/2 tank full, rotating between 93 premium and 87 regular. Get 24-25 mpg mixed city, country. Exterior finish exceptional. Abandoned run-flat tires. New set upon CPO purchase trash after 17,500. Switched the Michelin Pilot Sport A-S 3, std. replacement size 225/45/17. Less road noise, better handling. Also, so far 15,000 miles later, no road wobbling characteristic of many run-flats. Wobble symptom: (1) car jumping upon hitting routine concrete highway center seams and (2) on well worn country roads, tires tend to cause car to wobble sideways as tires run in routine tire track road surface depressions. Finally (at last, right?), car maintenance cost after warranty rather expensive, parts and labor. Bottom line, too bad BMW abandoned the Z line effective with 2018 model year.

Classic Coupe
By Steve Schallau

2007 BMW Z4 3.0si 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great looking, really fun to drive.

Most enjoyable car I've owned
By aquila163

2007 BMW Z4 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the most enjoyable car I have ever owned. I got my 07 Z4 Si on a 2 year lease. After 18 months I had a lot of miles left because I also owned my last Corvette and can only drive so much. My wife and I took a 2100 mile road trip to Disney World to use up some miles. When we got back, I sold the Vette and bought this car off lease. I now have just over 4 years in the car and now that the original warranty has expired I have made an extensive search for a replacement. I CAN'T find anything I like better so I'm keeping it. It gets over 30 mpg on the highway and the sports car ride is tight but never abusive. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a genuine sports car.

Exceptional handling, Braking that surprises people behind me, Very good fuel economy, Better than expected ride for this type of car.

I don't mind paying extra for dealer installed options like 6 disc CD and sirius but they should not cost $950 each when much cheaper cars include them free