Used 2006 BMW Z4 Consumer Reviews - 67 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 BMW Z4

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:

Bang for the Buck!
By Z Dog

2006 BMW Z4 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had been looking at getting a small sports car for a while. Looked at the Boxster, Corvette, Audi TT, and the BMW. I loved the Z4 for the unique design. Once I drove it, I was hooked. I paid $30k for this gem. Silver on Black. Great for normal day to day, then just push the "sport" button and... she becomes a whole new car. Throttle response, steering and overall power seems to explode! Its like an alter ego. I drove the M roadster and it is just a Freak! The 3.0si is a dream for much less. Anyone who complains about the trunk space or the rigid ride should have chosen otherwise. Take a shorter trip, pack a smaller bag, and use your buddies truck to go to home depot. Great Car!

Great handling and power. Quick drop down top, no waiting. Great heater so there is no excuse to not have the top down, even in winter. Striking design. Great Wheels. ( don't worry about the run flats, they are expensive, but worth the safety)

Nothing. Fantastic for the money.

Z4 3.0si
By z3toz4

2006 BMW Z4 3.0si 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had my Z3 for twelve years, finally bought a Certified Z4. Be very careful with Certified, even though BMW has fixed all the problems that have come up, mine has been in the shop for MAJOR suspension and engine problems. It has been in the shop 20 of the 60 days I have owned it. Not what I expected from a BMW Certified car. Now that I think I am past the problems this car had, I really am enjoying driving it! Much smoother, powerful ride than Z3.

Style, handling, WOW factor, Ipod connector and integrated use with steering wheel controls

Would like better fuel economy and some type of option for a spare tire if desired.

3 Years Later
By Garhuff

2006 BMW Z4 3.0si 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I ordered this car after seeing it at the Autoshow, even though I was only able to test drive the convertible. I took delivery of it at the factory, and I have loved it ever since. I still get a thrill when I see it parked in the lot. I constantly get 'thumbs ups', wherever I drive it.

The stance of this coupe. It's a hot car. The handling and breaking are amazing. I drive rental cars for my work, which can be scary when you are used to driving this car.

The center console storage is a little awkward... could use a tray of some sort to keep things from moving around. This is a very minor complaint, but there's little else to gripe about.

Fun on wheels
By Mikenmass

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

With today's prices it's hard not to consider an upscale model car. The styling is great but the engine and handling is what is special about a Z4. You probably need alternative transportation for the family or pets but a ride in a roadster will always be a treat.

Engine, transmission, styling.

CD changer

Bavarian beauty
By 2006 BMW Z4i

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have only owned this car for 5 months and love it. Previous car was a 1998 Porsche 911, while the Z4 cannot compare to the 911 in performance it comes very close and cost a lot less in purchase price and maint. cost. I also think it is a better looking car. I have gotten more looks and compliments then I did with the 911.

Looks, comfort, performance, reasonable gas mileage 25 mpg avg. and ergonomics

I think the z4 should come standard with 255hp, it would then be much closer to the Nissan 370Z and the 911