Used 2005 BMW Z4 Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:

This car is a Gift
By Dustin

2005 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I just came back from driving this car from Montreal to California and back with my 12 year old son. I logged 10000 miles without a problem except worn rear wheels and a nail, the red light came on telling me I had a flat, nice feature, but not a problem with runflat, drove 10 miles to a garage that could fix it. It was a dream to drive on route 1 of the California coast and through the Arizona Desert. This was a trip of lifetime, and lots of room in the trunk for 2 people on a month long trip, really, well summer time in the heat, not many pants to take space, packed light, but lots of room, I would drive 12 hours straight, not sore at all no need to stop and 'stretch'. fun great car!!!

Big trunk, superb road feel, very tactile, enough power with 2.5, I'm not heavy with the right foot, this car is quality, I've tried the Jaguar v8 290 hp blah blah blah, crap car, hp far from everything on a car. Enjoy the ride.

I don't know, well actually, I did by an aftermarket armrest made by leather z and that had really added a lot of comfort to the car and has given me extra storage for small items, a must have. Otherwise, no it's all good.

Love My Merlot Roadster!
By kgmilliron

2005 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've waited 40 years for this narcissistic NOT a "mom" car and was debating b/w the mercedes slk and the Z4. I could not be happier with my choice! Fun to drive, had it a week and its great! I was worried about road noise compared to the hard top SLK, but there was very little difference. We replaced the run flat tires immediately and it made a huge difference in the "comfort" of the ride. BMW service is unsurpassed and the style is unbeatable. For the price and reliability I give it a "10". If you're on the fence, commit, it's worth it! The power top is a must!

Handling, power top, sexy style. Love the Merlot Red!

Front curb sensor to avoid hitting the apron on the parking curb... almost killed my husband on that one!!!

rear ended after owning car for 4 days
By Jeanne S

2005 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

For the short time I had this car before being rear-ended, I loved it. If you ever have the misfortune of being hit (3 times before she stopped) from behind by someone doing 45 mph, know that this car is definitely well-engineered. I walked away from the accident with only whiplash. It could have been much worse had I still been driving the miata mx5 I owned previously. Fun to drive, I just hope I can look at it the same way after I get it repaired.

Safety features!! Nice sound from the non-premium stereo (and I love my music.) Power top, nothing to do but push the button!

improved cup holders, standard cd changer, homelink, standard xenon headlights.

Two years plus
By George Warren

2005 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Being a master diesel mechanic for at a Freightliner truck dealership for close to thirty years I believe I am a fair judge of quality. I have really enjoyed this car for over two years. When you get off work there is nothing better than jumping into your Z4, dropping the top and hitting the road. I have owned many new cars but this is the only one that is as much fun to drive now as it was when I bought it! If there was anything I would change I would redesign the drink holders as they spill hot coffee on your leg on turns, the seats should have higher side bolsters so you don`t slide around so much on turns. And get the Xenon lights which was the only option I didn't get. BMW - great car!

Driving has never been this fun!!
By Mike Smith

2005 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is so much fun it puts a huge smile on my face every day! Fantastic blend of power and elegance. Economical too, I have consistently gotten 27 MPG with mostly highway driving. This car has a sporty ride but absorbs the bumps well, despite the 18" alloys that come with the sport package. You must have the sports package, the standard 17" rims make the whole car look bland. The red leather interior is gorgeous. No reliability problems whatsoever. No rattles or electrical issues. The upgraded sound system is awesome. The trunk space is good, even with the top down! You can easily fit two suitcases in there, or a couple sets of golf clubs. Buy this car, you won't regret it!

Great acceleration yet also great gas mileage. Upgraded sound system is fantastic. Navigation system works flawlessly. I love this car!

Better cup holders. Get the 3.0i. I test drove the 2.5, and it lacks the punch you want in this type of car.