Used 2004 BMW Z4 Convertible Consumer Reviews - 223 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:

Z - one for me!!!
By NB

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

After owning MGs, Eclipses, and Triumphs, I finally found the one true sports car that "fits". It is reliable, handles like a dream and is truly beautiful to view. I get excellent gas mileage and have the pickup and speed to feel confident, even in the worst traffic. The 3 cubic feet of trunk is enough for my wife and myself to go on weekend trips and she can take ALL her stuff!!! All in all it absolutely meets my needs.

Styling - can just look at it for hours.

the ability to move the sun visors off the front window to the sides for afternoon sun shade.

BMW=Best Made in the World!
By Michael N

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this car. This is the first manual transmission I have ever even tried to drive and after owning this BMW Z4 I will never drive an automatic ever again. Besides the fact that it has superior craftsmanship, great styling, and is a blast to drive I get great gas mileage that really helps with the rise of prices at the pump. My next car will definitely be a BMW!

Is there anything better than crusing around town in the Ultimate Driving Machine with the top down?

I like how they stepped up the engine in the newer models.

Jim's Z4
By Jim Marcum

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I really love driving this car, it handles like a dream in the sport mode. I really like to shift it with the steptronic transmission, it shifts very smooth. I also like the easy to read gauges at night, the orange dash lights are just cool. I have all the options and packages you can get with this car except for the navigation. I also want Sirius radio which I can get but the trunk mounted antenna just don't work for me. It's a little hard getting in and out of because it is low to the ground but onced you're in and settled you can for hours with the top down and the windscreen in place.

The steptronic transmission is great and the power it has is unbelieveable. You can get speeding tickets everyday if you're not careful. I look at the speedometer and I'm doing 80 MPH without realizing it. The sound system is fantastic although learning all the functions can be overwhelming.

Make navigation installation possible after purchase. Redesign or improve the Sirius antenna.

Fun to Drive
By Jim Peacock

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

It's a great car. The tops comes down in only 8 sec. Very fast. Good gas mileage. Fun to drive.

Dash. Feel. Looks outside and in.

Bigger glove compartment. Radio, air controls on steering wheel.

1st BMW...not last for sure.
By secularist

2004 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Originally got this for my wife. I'm stealing it from her and getting her a 5 series. I still don't understand why the styling is "controversial"...I get more approving stares and chatter about this car than I ever thought possible. We have the 3.0 with the Sport Pkg. Ride is firm for sure, but it's such a go-kart when it comes to the twisties...love it. Gets great mileage for something that's so fast.

Styling. Handling. it's a roadster...what's not to love?

my only thing is the cupholder needs to be in a better spot. :-)