Used 2003 BMW Z4 Convertible Consumer Reviews

Used Z4 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...40

Pros
Cons

Disappointed in Quality

magicdolphin, 11/05/2011
2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I only have 30000 miles on my BMW Z4 2003; I bought it out at the end of my lease; the elec. motor for the convertible top short circuit due to run off water that enters the plastic housing where the elec. motor sits in. The water can't drain and the electric motor will rust and quit. Very expensive repair, poor design. I had the housing replaced in 2008 and now it needs to be replaced again and of course my extended warranty won't cover the repair nor will the dealership ... very poor design indeed and not at all what I expected from BMW. I also just had to replace the rubber around the windshield and the cowel due to dry rot. I would have thought the convertible roof of a BMW would last

2003 Z4 3.0 manual

Don Avirett, 10/24/2015
3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have driven this car on the highway at 80 mph for 50 miles to work each way for the last 4 years. I bought it with 107k miles and it now has 276 k miles and runs like new and looks almost new. I drive the car through hailstorms, snowstorms, and windstorms of the West Texas Panhandle, and it performs amazingly well. It gets about 27 mpg on the highway. This car has held up well.

Would be great if I could steer it!

Joe M, 05/09/2010
2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Very nice and fun to drive, however when the temperature gets over 80 degrees the power electronic steering stops working. This is a known problem to BMW (bulletin # 4515500-02) and a safety issue but they want $3000 to fix it. - So much for German Engineering, maybe it never gets above 80 degrees in Baveria!

Bad ass 3.0

Jeff P, 03/21/2016
3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car in May of 2015 with 55,000 miles for only $12,500 ( I now have 62,000 on the odometer). I cannot wait to drive each and every day and wow does the 3.0 automatic ever haul ass. The torque curve is steady throughout the entire ride from 0-100++. No lag, just ferocious power. My only complaint is the amber light cluster for exterior temp and mpg is partially burned out. Also, it's very hard to see objects in the rear view mirror due to some peculiar bmw dimming system. Other than that, drop the top and boogie!

Love this little car.

Edmunds Shopper, 04/26/2017
2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Ok. I know it's not new, but it's totally fun. I love my little car. My friend calls it my go-cart, but that's because he's jealous. It has great pick up when I need to move or go up a hill, I know it will go swiftly. I feel safe in the car. Because it's older, it doesn't have a lot of the new technology that newer cars have. No blue tooth or navigation, but I don't need that where I drive. I enjoy getting in my car every day. I get loads of compliments on how the car's style has stayed "in style" and everyone thinks its a new car and is 14 years old! I couldn't be happier with my lil Z4.

12345...40