Used 2003 BMW Z4 Consumer Reviews - 190 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 BMW Z4

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:

A very fun & quick roadster
By Mark

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had a 2000 Boxster for 3 years before purchasing my Z4. It is Toledo Blue w/ tan interior. Sports package, chrome eliptical wheels & SMG. I would have preferred the 6 speed manual - but my wife wanted an automatic. SMG seemed like a good compromise. It took a while to get used to - but now we both enjoy it. The main complaint is that it is not BMW smooth in the automatic mode. However - I am loving the paddle shifters! The greatest surprise is the gas mileage. I easily get 23-26 in normal day to day driving (not taking it easy on the take offs) and 27-31 on long highway trips!

Same HP as Boxster - but much quicker. Great gas mileage. Paddle shifters. Excellent stereo - easy to enjoy at high speeds with the top down.

SMG - too difficult to explain to valets! Must park the car myself. Front airdam - although it looks great - is so darn low that I must come to a complete stop before going up my driveway and must go under 5 mph over speed bumps or SCRAPE.

Love My Z
By Z4

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I love driving my Z along the beach with the top down. I have had some maintenance problems but it came with a six year warranty. The service from BMW has been great. The trunk space is limited but with duffle bags we have made some wonderful trips. I would not recommend this car to anyone only because I like having the most stylish car in the parking lot...

Convertible, leather, heated seats.

More trunk space.

Z4 Review
By Fred L. Rasp

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is a joy to drive. It is responsive, hangs on to the road, has a great sound, and runs through the gears beautifully. The top works quickly and well. It also is fairly quiet. I love this car.

Shifting through the gears on curved roads is a ball.

None.

RESPECT
By EDWARD RAMIREZ

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

just bought this amazing roadster, let me tell you, if the car looks impressive in person that's nothing compared to the driving experience you get every single time you go out for a run! This control over pavement soars you above all drivers going or coming your way (no matter what their driving). I find myself not wanting to reach destinations so quick,so I take the longer routes to enjoy this magnificent piece of workmanship.I can only say to BMW: My respect to you.

When you want that extra push no matter what speed your going the 2003 BMW z4 2.5 roadster delivers!!

.........still thinking.........

Driving The Good Life
By Dean

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I feel my Z4 sometimes anticipates what I'm thinking. The power is there, the steering is true and the Z4 knows how to use it. When I get crazy and take a turn too fast it keeps me glued to the road. I know the longest way to any place in town and frequently hit the freeway & drive 20 miles for a cup of coffee. 70 degrees and the top comes down the music goes up. You'll know me when I pass, I'm the one with the big grin on my face. I've owned a Corvette and a porsche, honestly they don't compare.This auto never breaks down! Drive one, you'll see.

Power, body style, power, stereo system, Did I mention power?

You seem to be doing it right