Used 2003 BMW Z4 Consumer Reviews - 190 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:

Disappointed
By Eric Morales

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

If you buy these cars, expect to shell out big bucks for repairs. We have an extended warranty which so far has been of no use because of water leakage. The top wouldn't open because of a leak. BMW at least paid for labor, parts still cost us 800.00. Now the wipers stopped working. Some part cracked and water again somehow got in. Going to cost 1100.00 to fix and again, it's not covered under the warranty. Great looking and handling car, but poorly built. Will never buy a BMW again.

Fun to drive, looks great, handles great.

How about making them more waterproof! Poor design quality on major parts. Warranty should cover more-wouldn't bother getting it again.

Plus and Minus
By zzzzzzzzippy

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought our jet black '03 with 23,750 mi. on it (our 5th sports car, out 1st BMW). 2.5L eng, Premium and conven. packages, auto trans, 18" ellipsis wheels w/RFTs. Handles well. Electric steering so it gives no feedback thru steering wheel. Accelerates well, esp between 45 and 80. Seat bottoms aren't very comfortable after 45 min. Less interior storage space than a Miata. Roomy trunk for a sports car (no spare tire w/RFT pkg). Electronic displays are hard to read in daylight. Dynamic Stability Control necessitates alignments being performed by dealer - $90. Dealer oil changes are $90. Beautiful car that draws lots of attention from other drivers and pedestrians. Shrinking violets need not apply!

Handling (DSC), exterior styling, sound system. Did I mention the exterior styling? :)

More comfortable seat bottoms, improve visibility of electronic displays- especially the radio, mechanical steering, more interior storage space, lockable console.

I still love it
By Stephanie

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

My car has 125000 and I still LOVE the Z4 after 5 years. It is comfortable, has good gas mileage (31 mpg on highway) even though I am low to the ground, I feel safe on the rainy, winding roads. The only problem I have ever had is not mechanical, the front skirt is so low to the ground that I had to change it twice because it broke. It is so reliable and fun to drive that I will drive it until the end!

Glass rear window, I have driven a Z3 and being able to see thru is a major improvement! And the roof but I really like everything about this car.

none

2003 BMW Z4 Premium/Sport Everything Rvw
By Jermy1304

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I was shopping for a sports car and shortly after driving this car I fell in love with it. The handling is amazing and it's got some "get up and go". I will warn you, IT IS A HIGH MAINTENANCE VEHICLE. I bought it 4 months ago with 62k and have had to do 10x as much work as I ever did on my Toyota Tacoma in 2 years. Convertible top doesn't work, Tire sensors were malfunctioning, Turn signal went out, Windshield Wipers malfunctioned, can't jack it up because it is so low, inconvenient access to almost everything, chews up tires because negative camber is set at 3% stock (change to 2% at next alignment )...and still, I am planning to buy a 2009 Z4 because they are THAT FUN! Warning: Chick Magnet.

Handling before I put 20 inch wheels on, Dream Red Leather Interior, Visibility with Top Down

Cup holders, Plastic pieces all over the car fall apart, Make Jack-Point compatible with a 3 inch jack, Stop using Torx bolts on everything, Waterproof/Build convertible top assembly better, No trunk compartment floor, Better tail light design that yellow circle on 2003, Better stock sound system

Smile on my face
By DickP

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had this car for 6 years and I still can't get over how much fun it is to drive. I rented a Corvette on vacation and couldn't believe the difference. The Z is fast, refined and nimble, the Corvette was fast, loud and didn't handle as well as my 1961 Corvair. The only car I have seen that would make me want to trade it is the 2010 Z with the twin Turbo. That has to be scary fast.

Sport Package just adds another dimension.

can't think of anything