Used 2003 BMW Z4 3.0i Convertible Consumer Reviews - 94 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 BMW Z4 Convertible

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:

Excellent all the way around
By JimQ

2003 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've driven mine across the country and it's superb in all respects -- fun, reliable, great gas mileage, great performance, all ways. Even though it's small, it has good storage space and excellent driving compartment space. Gas mileage on the road is 34-38 mpg. Semi-auto transmission is fun, but jerks on changes often, annoying. All in all, a plus, though. I'd buy another without question.

Z4ME
By Z4ME

2003 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my jet black 2003 Z4 in 7/08. I have put on 6,000 miles in Minnesota and have enjoyed everyone. Speed control and power window placement questionable, cup holder is limited. Like the sport button-whole new car when on. Good daily driver, however, you must miss or slow down for every pot hole and RR Xing. Power top fast enough to put up and down in rush hour. If you buy this car must put a 3M clear bra on ($400). The hood is a rock magnet. Always a head turner. I will come out of a store and always see people looking in. This is my 4th BMW (1 325 xi, 1 325i, and 1 x5) by far the most impractical but ALWAYS the most fun. 35 male-Minnesota

Sport drive and navigation system. The fact that I can take a clover leaf marked at 25 mph at 60 mph and not worry.

Standard clear bra and parking training. If you think you have enough room to pull farther forward...you don't. Take ramps slow you will knock the front wind dam on the ground.

I LOVE MY Z4
By Robert Dugan

2003 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car hugs the road so nicely it just give me goose bumps when I drive it. My mother thinks the car is the coolest and loves driving in it with the top down.

The speed and the handling but also the looks. It is a beautiful car BMW did good on this car.

Raise the front end up just a little bit.

I love this car
By Tarzan

2003 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Fabulous car. Replaced a (blown) 97 Miata STO which was a spectacular car--but the Z has everything my beloved Miata did not (legroom, to name only one example!). I've had it for a couple of months now and just flat love this car. Performance is wonderful, build quality is stellar and chicks dig it. Only suggestion for improvement would be to increase interior storage space a bit. Very happy to have this car and would recommend it without hesitation.

Power. Style.

More interior storage space.

BMW Z4 3.0 2003
By G. Gutierrez

2003 BMW Z4 Convertible 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the best car I have ever owned. After 40,000 miles the only repair required (at no cost) was to reset the passenger window. Great fun to drive and extremely reliable. I am thinking about buying a new car, but I hate to give this one up!

Great looks, superb driving experience.

Front end is a bit low.