Used 2008 BMW Z4 M Convertible Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 BMW Z4 M Convertible Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (3 reviews )

You need to own this car
By Jim

2008 BMW Z4 M Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car five years ago with 20,000 miles on it. It is just about to turn 100,000 miles. I’ve never owned a car that I’ve enjoyed more than this one. After I bought it I put an ESS supercharger on, wider tires, and coil over shocks. The rest of the car is stock. It has been absolutely reliable never once leaving me stuck or stranded or failing to start . I’ve gone through brakes tires two headlights and assorted other minor things. The engine has never been a part nor has the transmission it has been an absolute jewel to own. I can’t say enough good than about the engine. 330 horses stock and the supercharger takes it to around 430. The car can fly. At 100,000 miles I starting to think about replacing it but can’t find anything I like better. All this and i can put a full set of golf clubs in the trunk with the top u or down. I’ve owned a Jag xk120, 58 vet,several Porsches, a Dino Ferrari and several other BMW’s in addition to a lot of motorcycles. This is the best.

Go-cart
By Kert Zilstra

2008 BMW Z4 M Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Adrenaline rush! This is a go cart on steroids. All about fun. The handling is exceptional and the acceleration exhilarating! I can not provide enough adjectives to describe the driving experience! I am an old fifty seven year old and when I get into my z roadster floor the accelerator and fly down the winding road I feel 20 years younger!!

A true roadster...
By Trevor

2008 BMW Z4 M Convertible 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Just as advertised, this is a true roadster. Great styling outside and in, power, balance, great to drive fast both straight and around the curves. Take note however, as a second car, it's fun, but not recommended as a primary mode of transport. It is a sports car. The M version has a stiff suspension and low MPG... a car to be driven for pleasure, top down, in fine weather. To leave garaged until one feels the urge for fun.. If one were to drive it every day, it would soon lose the fun value. Stiff suspension, firm seats. This car is designed for racetrack performance, not for around town comfort and convenience. Fit and finish is as you would expect from the brand. MMMM... did I mention fun?

Auto top... Breaks.... can stop just as fast as can accelerate!

Turbos?