Used 2008 BMW Z4 M Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 BMW Z4 M Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z4 M model:

You need to own this car
By Jim

2008 BMW Z4 M 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car five years ago with 20,000 miles on it. It is just about to turn 100,000 miles. I’ve never owned a car that I’ve enjoyed more than this one. After I bought it I put an ESS supercharger on, wider tires, and coil over shocks. The rest of the car is stock. It has been absolutely reliable never once leaving me stuck or stranded or failing to start . I’ve gone through brakes tires two headlights and assorted other minor things. The engine has never been a part nor has the transmission it has been an absolute jewel to own. I can’t say enough good than about the engine. 330 horses stock and the supercharger takes it to around 430. The car can fly. At 100,000 miles I starting to think about replacing it but can’t find anything I like better. All this and i can put a full set of golf clubs in the trunk with the top u or down. I’ve owned a Jag xk120, 58 vet,several Porsches, a Dino Ferrari and several other BMW’s in addition to a lot of motorcycles. This is the best.

Go-cart
By Kert Zilstra

2008 BMW Z4 M 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Adrenaline rush! This is a go cart on steroids. All about fun. The handling is exceptional and the acceleration exhilarating! I can not provide enough adjectives to describe the driving experience! I am an old fifty seven year old and when I get into my z roadster floor the accelerator and fly down the winding road I feel 20 years younger!!

A true roadster...
By Trevor

2008 BMW Z4 M 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Just as advertised, this is a true roadster. Great styling outside and in, power, balance, great to drive fast both straight and around the curves. Take note however, as a second car, it's fun, but not recommended as a primary mode of transport. It is a sports car. The M version has a stiff suspension and low MPG... a car to be driven for pleasure, top down, in fine weather. To leave garaged until one feels the urge for fun.. If one were to drive it every day, it would soon lose the fun value. Stiff suspension, firm seats. This car is designed for racetrack performance, not for around town comfort and convenience. Fit and finish is as you would expect from the brand. MMMM... did I mention fun?

Auto top... Breaks.... can stop just as fast as can accelerate!

Turbos?

Outrageous Car
By Beau

2008 BMW Z4 M 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I ordered this car in April 08 and have been totally impressed ever since I took delivery in July 08. I have always been a Porsche guy, but this thing actually gets more looks and compliments that the GT3 that I have the fortune to borrow from a friend now and then. Not quite as fast as the GT3, but for half the price I'd say that's okay. It actually is the closest thing I could find to a GT3 for less than $100K. A true street legal race car.

The exclusivity. Only around 1800 in the entire world.

They could have made the interior a little nicer, but given the purpose of this car (driving fast) it really did not require anything more.

First one in Alaska
By niall86

2008 BMW Z4 M 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

So I have the first BMW Z4 M coupe sold in Alaska, bought it in September, now there is only one other one up here. I have had it for about 5 months and still love driving it everyday even in the winter. People are always looking at it and telling me how cool it is. Just got the windows tinted. That's the only thing I would ever need to do to this car. Amazing machine.

How fast it goes. Drove from Fairbanks to Anchorage. Had it to its governor of 155 mph. Man that was crazy!

Maybe a better sub woofer but nothing after market speakers can do, oh and why didn't it come with homelink, now I have to buy a new rear view mirror.