Used 2001 BMW Z3 Consumer Reviews - 41 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 BMW Z3

View reviews for a specific Z3 model:

I Miss My Girl
By Kufa

2001 BMW Z3 3.0i 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my car in 2001 brand new! In 2009 some hater totaled it in the blink of an eye. I literally cried for 3 days. I didn't lease it I bought it as an investment. I had it 8 years and 3 of those years it was paid for. I loved driving my bimmer - we were one. Her turning ratio was fantastic, pickup speed fabulous and just and all around classy car.

leather seats, harmon kardon standard speaker system, unbelievable trunk space for such a small car, lots of room in console

The moon roof! Who designed this fantastic car and then gave it a moonroof that barely opens. Should have had a sun roof that could roll open up and roll back on a beautiful day. I was always afraid to put one in mine. That moon roof was so boring.

Fun to drive
By Bill

2001 BMW Z3 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 2001 Z3 3.0 a month ago & have loved every minute of it. Very nice ride & comfort for a roadster. The I6 is very quick & responsive. Very tight and solid ride with no rattles. Averaging about 24 mpg mixed highway and city. Very quiet for a convertible. Top is very tight.

Analog gauges, classic design inside and out. Harmon Kardon stereo has excellent sound.

It would be nice to have more storage space - but what do you expect in a roadster!!

Fun, Fun, Fun
By WHOOPZEE

2001 BMW Z3 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car has been great fun at a low cost. You can find a Z3 in great condition at a reasonable cost. It is a real enthusiasts car, with excellent power, great handling, and smiles every time you get behind the wheel.

Handling, style, and the "Nice Car" compliments from complete strangers.

Nothing significant.

Great looks & Great drive
By gatoralias

2001 BMW Z3 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased 2001 Z3 3.0 June 2008. Car is in immaculate condition. Test drove in the rain well. Tight handling, stiff ride (fine with me!), and exciting response. Doesn't blow around on the interstate. Answers the need for speed quickly. The 5 speed manual transmission is great fun. I am enjoying driving it very much even though I have to keep wiping the drool from my friends off the car.

Convertible top. Easy to use and quick to put up or take down. Love the transmission. The handling is fabulous. And, of course, the look is elegant and sporty at the same time.

Cup holders are too small! But that has been noted before.

Handles like it's on rails
By Jethog

2001 BMW Z3 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have taken my z3 to Sebring, Robling Road and Road Atlanta race tracks. I love the way it would build momentum as you flow the track. My best times have been Road Atlanta 1:22.06 / Sebring 2:13.59 / Robling Road 25.98. The only thing that has been done is some computer work, and air intake with proper maintance care; before and after track days

Better seats