Used 2001 BMW Z3 Consumer Reviews - 46 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Z3 model:

Secret fun bargain
By Rick

2001 BMW Z3 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

It was too expensive when new vs. the Miata but now it’s a great “sleeper” of a nice and reliable fun car. Sold my first at 165,000 miles. Loved it. Want another again as a second car.

Pilot
By Tom

2001 BMW Z3 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Fun car with plenty of power. Very quick. Have owned Miata's & a Porche 911. For the money, the BMW Z3 is a great car.

Fun Car
By Don

2001 BMW Z3 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Parts tend to be expensive. You need to be able to do most of your service and repairs. I love the car and like to do what service and repair that I can.

Timeless roadster lines, a true pleasure to drive
By Eric Browning

2001 BMW Z3 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

It's the most fun I have had in a car, and I have driven a Porsche Carrera among other sports cars. The look of the car is the perfect blend of classic roadster shape and form with modern design and sleekness. It's not as fast off the start as I would prefer, but it has wicked acceleration at speed, dismissing some wannabe on the interstate while already doing 70 or 80. At 120 (the fastest I've dared take since it was a public road) it still has more to give. One time my wife and I were stopping in an art district shopping area. When we pulled over to park there was a young boy of 4 or 5 with his mother on the sidewalk, and through the passenger window we both clearly saw the boy say with a slow awe, "That's a *fast car*." That pretty much said it all; the classic yet modern look, with enough performance to back it up. It's pretty much a dream to own.

Never Selling It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By B Roller

2001 BMW Z3 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this car from a dealer in distress, they got a shipment of Z3's in December, 2000, they had snow drifts up to 12 feet and the Z3's were not selling . I got the car delivered to my home, 1300 miles away, for about 60 % of what the local dealers were getting for this car . In a little over 16 years of ownership, no problems yet . I get offers to sell the car every time I take it out .