2017 BMW X6 M Consumer Reviews - 1 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 BMW X6 M Consumer Reviews

Base 4.4L V8 Twin-turbo AWD 8-speed Automatic - (1 review )

BMW X6M Disappointment
By B Rodgers

2017 BMW X6 M 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

I purchased a new X6M in February 2017 from Schomp BMW in Highlands Colorado. This car has had numerous problems, including the air-conditioning not working properly, Apple car play issues and finally brakes noise. Although I have gotten all of the other items corrected, the brakes continue to be a unacceptable situation. My brakes on this X6M sound like they are on a truck. The squeal most of the time when braking and vary in loudness, most of the time unbearable. You can’t drive with the windows down or the top open, as the car sounds horrible. I have had it in at least 4 times for this problem. I have been told things like you have to “dog" the brakes to make them work right which is ridiculous and absurd. I have owned lots of high performance car, Corvettes, Porsches, Range Rovers and Mercedes. I expected more from BMW quality and service and have been sadly disappointed.

For a product that I thought was "top of the line” in performance and excellence, this has been a big disappointment.