Used 2010 BMW X5 xDrive35d Diesel Consumer Reviews - 35 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 BMW X5 Diesel

xDrive35d 3.0L 6-cyl. Turbo Diesel AWD 6-speed Automatic - (35 reviews )

Love it still, after 18,500 miles
By cablue

2010 BMW X5 Diesel xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I am so happy I bought this diesel! I've had it for 10 months now, and I still look forward to driving it every day. I'm getting 28.5-29 mpg. pure hwy. driving. Mixed driving I'm getting around 24.5-25.

Comfort seats! It's a must-have! Diesel engine is awesome. A lot of power and great gas mileage for this size of a vehicle. Great sunroof and spaciousness inside.

With rear climate pkg, tinted windows are too light. Standard stereo is POOR! VERY disappointed in that. If you're into music, do the upgrade. Wish I had. Can open the rear hatch from inside but cannot close it from inside. Sun visor should have an extension.

Expectations Met or Exceeded
By bxj

2010 BMW X5 Diesel xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Did my due diligence (research, test drives) and ordered from factory to my specs. Very satisfied overall - traded in my 2003 530i (great car)- no regrets other than when I signed the check. Great combination of fun to drive/fuel economy/cargo capacity.

Turbo Diesel power once you get moving, fuel economy, BMW handling, brakes and the first class build quality that keeps you coming back.

Eliminate the very slight turbo lag, reduce engine noise in cabin (ok but could be better);Offer more options for Adjustable suspension (bit on the firm side as expected): Center console double lid can complicate access until you get used to it.

WOW including MPG
By JC55

2010 BMW X5 Diesel xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

We wanted an upgraded fuel conscience SUV, the X5 Diesel is all that we expected and more. On a road trip we could not believe the performance in a variety of road types and conditions, we kept thinking the fuel gauge was not working, fortunately it was! Great performance with comfort and passing fueling stations. Can't rate higher than perfect 10s.

Engine with twin turbo performance, smooth ride, enhanced smart buttons for idrive operations, nav system and ease of use. Full maintenance for 4 years a big incentive.

I'm stumped so far.

Not totally in love
By Dorothy

2010 BMW X5 Diesel xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

My husband loves the engine. It's quiet and peppy. We live in the country and are averaging only 20 mpg. You really do have to read the owner's manual. On the down side my car sits at the dealership because the computer system went down at service and a part has to be manufactured. Five weeks and counting. BMW has been attentive to the situation.

Secure, tight ride and handling.

I do not like the run flat tires either. I find myself correcting steering a lot especially at high speeds.

Awesome
By Dr.K

2010 BMW X5 Diesel xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Just purchased X5 35D it is a great vehicle addresses all the short coming of the previous X5 specially in fuel economy and space utilization. The I-drive takes sometime to get used to but a great improvement over the previous one. We love the all around view of the camera, simply said WELL DONE BMW.

All around view camera.

Voice command need to be easier to use.