Used 2006 BMW X5 Consumer Reviews - 60 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific X5 model:

Great car for a family.
By Jenny boyd

2006 BMW X5 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car for hauling my kids around. Things just happen a lot and needs repairs frequently. Either have a hubby that can do the work or a warranty or a big wallet.

Bmw X5 3.0 Reliable and Strong like a Tank
By Beemer

2006 BMW X5 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I own 2006 Bmw X5 with 160k+ miles. This is my 3rd Bmw (2004 325xi, 2004 330ci coupe) Previous owner of this car already own 4 more Bmws for entire family and taken care of this car like baby. I have had happen to read so many reviews on Bmw x5, but I feel some small issues like door handle/coolant tank/Window regulators etc are do it your self or don't cost much compared to Engine/Transmission/steering/ sliding doors/tires burring out sooner etc issues which other makes like Toyota/Honda/Nissan etc has. Small body parts/plastic part issues in Bmw will not force any one to leave the car eating dust. In the past I owned Toyota's and Honda, and always driving on long drives 1200+ miles I was always in doubt when transmission would fail, that doesn't mean they are not reliable, but they are plagued by other major issues as well . Now that I am driving Bmw I at least have peace of mind I will reach home safe. X5 is like tank heavy build and strong body. I will suggest ppl before assuming Bmw's are not reliable, please go and read reviews on other makes of Japanese/American brands, many more issues engine/transmission etc. I always have smile on my face while in Bmw X5 for ride and engine sound, not the worries of Engine/transmission/steering issues might pop up.

terrible never buy.
By bruce

2006 BMW X5 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I recently bought this car. Engine service soon light make me crazy. Spend more than 3000$
Still light on.
crazy maintenance cost. Never recommend.

Only paid $4500 for it
By The educated consumer

2006 BMW X5 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Its been 11 months since I bought my 06 X5 and it hasn't given me much trouble at all. I loved how it handled the nearly 30 inches of snow NY got earlier this year the AWD is excellent. Im thinking about purchasing a newer X5 soon. My advice to others is still the same... DO NOT purchase this car from a dealer (unless your buying a new one)
Buying from a private seller is your best option because used car dealer lots are notoriously greedy and you dont know how long that X5s been sitting there

AN INEXPENSIVE WAY TO LUXURY AND FUN!!!!
By Robert

2006 BMW X5 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my BMW X5 6 speed with 94K miles on her. She's a 9 out of 10. The truck has every possible option. Navigation is simple to use, the heated seats keep my back relaxed, the tight steering is awesome, the gear box is smooth and easy, and the truck rides like a dream. This is hands down the best SUV I have ever owned, and will look for another one real soon to store away for future use, which I will use, once I drive the doors off this baby I'm in now.............If you want an incredibly fun SUV to drive; a 2004, 2005, or 2006 BMW X5 is your truck. But a MANUAL transmission is the ONLY way to go. They're hard to find. But once you do your research and acquire one, you will not look back. And 23 miles per gallon doesn't hurt either. HAPPY HUNTING!!!