Used 2006 BMW X5 3.0i Consumer Reviews - 35 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific X5 model:

BMW 2006 X5
By Jason Hoppa

2006 BMW X5 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Best vehicle that I have ever owned. We now have 2 BMW's. Very reliable and great in any weather.

x drive and panoramic roof

wheels could be styled better

No regrets so far...
By Ralph Whitsitt

2006 BMW X5 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Got a great deal on an '06 X5 and took the plunge purchasing my first BMW. It's amazing how smooth and quiet the vehicle is at highway speeds compared to the Ford Explorer and Jeep Cherokee I owned previously. Granted, the tires probably have a lot to do with that, but engine and wind noise are way lower too. Love the grunt that the 3.0 inline six delivers--it loves to rev!! I was a little concerned about the gas mileage, but it's been a big improvement over the Explorer, getting 23 or 24 mpg for pure highway driving. Premium unleaded can get a bit expensive when prices are up and synthetic oil drives up the cost of oil changes, but so far I'm dealing with it and loving the way it drives!

Heated seats and heated steering wheel-- love 'em, love 'em, love 'em!! Materials used seem to be of high quality throughout the vehicle. Drives and rides great!

Cargo capacity is compromised by the shape of the hatch. Lots and lots of brake dust means cleaning the wheels frequently. Large pillars make for large blind spots when driving. Flip down sun visors are kind of cheaply made compared to the rest of the vehicle and don't swing fully to the side.

The best car yet...
By samsam

2006 BMW X5 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Recently purchase CPO with only 28K on it. Absolutely love it. You can't beat BMW CPO - they had the car ready in mint condition, the warranty is excellent, and I still have over 20K left on included maintenance and 0.9% financing (unheard of for CPO!). The X5 handles like a dream and I personally think this model is better looking than the redesign in 2007. The interior is top notch and the power seems way stronger than the HP rating - that speaks to great engineering. No rattles, solid like a tank. I'm actually getting up to 26mpg on highway trips and 18mpg average overall.

The best thing about this car is that it puts a smile on my face every time I drive it - something I didn't get with my last Acura.

The blower seems to stay on pretty high even when the temp is reached on auto climate control. A lot of brake dust, but not really big deals.

Great Ride
By Ken

2006 BMW X5 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is our second BMW, the first was a 328xi, and although this doesn't have the same get up and go it definitely drives better than any other SUV on the market.

My third BMW and still loving them
By Jim

2006 BMW X5 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have not found another vehicle that matches the BMW standards and driving comfort. I have driven vehicles from most brand names on the market. I have compared all features with a lot of disappointments. I still have found very little disappointment in BMW. Those that complain have to completed there homework. Once you drive one its hard to drive anything else.

My favorite features include but not limited to the driving comfort. I find that there are too many to list.

I find myself with a loss of words when it comes to suggestions. The BMW company continues to find innovating ways to surprise and amaze me.