Used 2005 BMW X5 3.0i Consumer Reviews - 64 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific X5 model:

Very pleased
By jamaica man

2005 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The X5 has met all expectations. Even gas mileage - I average 21 mpg combined city/hwy. Comfortable, safe, and cool looking. Plenty of power with the 3.0. The free maintenance is great. No charge for the first 50K miles.

Seat adjustments, lumbar support, steering wheel adjustments

Doors and tailgate lock when driver's door is closed - inconvenient for loading and unloading. Light needed on A/C dash control.

Its outta here!
By Greg Kurk

2005 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Had a 2001 Acura MDX prior to this BMW X5, loved the MDX but it was approaching 100,000 miles. Didn't want to wait for redesigned MDX, bought the X5, only good thing I can say is it has a sporty handling with zip. Other than this I am EXTREMELY disappointed in the vehicle. It is poorly built and in the 16 months owned has been into the shop 3X for electrical problem that they can't seem to find what is causing vehicle to go dead. I would never buy another BMW, and when this one gets out of the shop in next day or so, will look to get rid of. Probably go back to MDX, as my son has my old one, 125,000 miles and running while my BMW is broke down with 26,000 miles

Sport car handling.

Electrical system, overall quality of vehicle. Very plastic .

Extraordinary!
By Mimi

2005 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought a new BMW X3 2006 this february, and had a very bad crash in which the car was totalled. I only suffered from whiplash for 3 days. If it had not been for the amazing new safety system of this car and the frame, i would not be writing here. So I made my decision that I will only drive BMW cars, which left me again with the decision: should I buy a new X3 again or should I upgrade and buy a used 2005 X5? I went with the latter option, and I am completely in love with the car! So much bigger inside than the X3it makes you feel even safer to drive, and the drive, outstanding - I have the sportspackage. I really love it!

Great Choice
By John M

2005 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My wife and I purchased our X5 3.0 in time for our first child. Although we purchased due to the outstanding safety features, we have found the performance and handling to be very handy in everyday driving. We are so happy with our purchase that we are already considering a second BMW in the near furture.

I need longer road trips!
By ILoveMyX5

2005 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This SUV blew away all of my expectations. It is extremely comfortable, ultra sporty and very practical. I love this vehicle! It works seamlessly with my iPod and Bluetooth cell phone. I conduct business from my vehicle and this SUV allows me to conduct it with style and success. I cruise across the state to meetings and arrive feeling refreshed and ready for business. The safety features on this car will ensure that I arrive unharmed. It takes corners like a sports car and "floats" down the highway. Before you buy any SUV, you should test this one out!! Excellent vehicle!!!

Driver seat comfort, ergonomics, iPod interface, Bluetooth capability and style.

Needs better cupholders!!