Used 2005 BMW X5 SUV Consumer Reviews - 125 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 BMW X5 SUV

View reviews for a specific X5 model:

First BMW and loving it !!!!!!!
By jdo4394

2005 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Love this SUV - 05 3.0i artic white, truffle brown leather seats, dark wood grain, premium package, cold-weather and climate packages. This SAV handles like a dream. It’s fast and very smooth shifting of the auto trans. Interior noise is almost zero unless you’re doing 90 or above, then you hear the outside mirrors whistle. Driver’s view is great. The full sunroof is awesome but yet quiet when closed. Everything about this BMW is top shelf in my opinion. I am just one very happy owner.

Smooth performance, the ride, the fit and finish, the sound system, hell i love every thing about this sav.

Better mpg, more exterior colors to choose from, able to get tire size upgrade without getting sport package.

except for lousy gas milage ,love it
By jdo

2005 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My x5 3.0i automatic was purchased in March 2005 new. I now have 5800 miles on it and have had no problems what so ever. The SAV is alpine white, the paint and fit and finish is perfect. The interior is charcoal rugs and dash with dark popular wood trim. The seats are truffle brown. Plenty of leg, shoulder and headroom. Interior is ultra quite no wind noise or traffic can be heard I’m not kidding this SAV is out side noise free at any speed. Performance is outstanding for a 225 horsepower straight 6. Had it up to 120 mph not to long ago and had no vibration what so ever, SAV was like floating on a cloud also had plenty of gas peddle left. Electronic climate control is beautiful, gas mileage stinks.

Seat memory, rear climate control, panaramic moon roof, cargo room, heated seats and steering wheel. Also, just the look of the SUV is awsome.

Nothing really except mpg but hey, it's a BMW you have to let it go and have fun.

From 325xi to X5 4.4i - Wow!
By hermeston

2005 BMW X5 SUV 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2002 325xi on a new 4.4i about a week ago and have been very impressed. Power is great, the 6- speed automatic is silky smooth and the navigation system is top-notch. Interior space is fantastic, controls logically placed, finish is superb - what I've come to expect from BMW. And so far, 18 mpg in mixed driving. Not bad for a 315 hp V8!

Panoramic moonroof, exterior styling, interior arrangement, headlights that steer through turns, auto-latching rear hatch!

I don't understand why BMW put a cassette player behind the NAV system, forcing you to get the 6-disc changer. Not a big deal, I would have gotten it anyway, just seems odd.

Fabulous SUV
By Jeanne

2005 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We are completely satisified with our X5. It handles perfectly and we are very happy the options we chose (sport & luxury packages).

Double sunroof. We also have a convertible and the sunroof is not that far off.

I love this car!
By Laura

2005 BMW X5 SUV 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I saved for 2 years to buy this car and am so VERY happy I did. I love everything about it. I have the Xeon headlights, they're one of the best features. It is fun to drive, feels safe and looks great!

Xenon Headlights, Huge Moonroof, Tip Tronic manual shifting option, Heated Seats just to name a few!