Used 2005 BMW X5 Consumer Reviews - 124 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 BMW X5

View reviews for a specific X5 model:

except for lousy gas milage ,love it
By jdo

2005 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My x5 3.0i automatic was purchased in March 2005 new. I now have 5800 miles on it and have had no problems what so ever. The SAV is alpine white, the paint and fit and finish is perfect. The interior is charcoal rugs and dash with dark popular wood trim. The seats are truffle brown. Plenty of leg, shoulder and headroom. Interior is ultra quite no wind noise or traffic can be heard I’m not kidding this SAV is out side noise free at any speed. Performance is outstanding for a 225 horsepower straight 6. Had it up to 120 mph not to long ago and had no vibration what so ever, SAV was like floating on a cloud also had plenty of gas peddle left. Electronic climate control is beautiful, gas mileage stinks.

Seat memory, rear climate control, panaramic moon roof, cargo room, heated seats and steering wheel. Also, just the look of the SUV is awsome.

Nothing really except mpg but hey, it's a BMW you have to let it go and have fun.

From 325xi to X5 4.4i - Wow!
By hermeston

2005 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2002 325xi on a new 4.4i about a week ago and have been very impressed. Power is great, the 6- speed automatic is silky smooth and the navigation system is top-notch. Interior space is fantastic, controls logically placed, finish is superb - what I've come to expect from BMW. And so far, 18 mpg in mixed driving. Not bad for a 315 hp V8!

Panoramic moonroof, exterior styling, interior arrangement, headlights that steer through turns, auto-latching rear hatch!

I don't understand why BMW put a cassette player behind the NAV system, forcing you to get the 6-disc changer. Not a big deal, I would have gotten it anyway, just seems odd.

Fabulous SUV
By Jeanne

2005 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We are completely satisified with our X5. It handles perfectly and we are very happy the options we chose (sport & luxury packages).

Double sunroof. We also have a convertible and the sunroof is not that far off.

I love this car!
By Laura

2005 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I saved for 2 years to buy this car and am so VERY happy I did. I love everything about it. I have the Xeon headlights, they're one of the best features. It is fun to drive, feels safe and looks great!

Xenon Headlights, Huge Moonroof, Tip Tronic manual shifting option, Heated Seats just to name a few!

2003 X5 BMW
By Donnie R. Johnson

2005 BMW X5 3.0i AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have truly enjoyed driving my X5. Even though it is almost three years old, I have such a good time I feel like it is brand new. I purchased the extended warranty and I have even more peace of mind driving it, knowng I don't have to consider costly repairs. This is my first BMW, however it will definitely not be my last! Driving this BMW is certaintly the ultimate driving experience. Job well done BMW of USA!

The favorite feature of my manual transmission X5 is the Geographical Positioning System, it allows me to be aventuresome without wasting gasoline. With gas prices today it is crucial that these bases are covered.

More of the extras to be included with the vehicle, i.e. the six cd changer and the cassette player.